Will a phosban reactor cure a cyano problem?

really?? i thought it was good for extra filtration?? i dont think i would like the look of the tank without sand... never thought of going bb hmmmm:confused: i still need some more equipment i dont even have a skimmer yet... if i told you guys my setup you would probably laugh in my face or flip me off haha

You dont need an extrmely expensive set up with 20 different things to have a good tank.

My dad has kept healthy corals using a refugium, skimmer, good lights and power heads. No calcium reactor, no phosphate reactor, no RO/DI water.
He did dose Calcium and a few other elements each week, but that was about it.

I also have a low tech tank. Two koralias and a HOB 110 aqua clear and that is it , which has been running for close to ten years. You just have to be consistant with your water changes ,that's all.
It's nothing crazy but I am happy with it .

DSCF8263.jpg

I also have a low tech tank. Two koralias and a HOB 110 aqua clear and that is it , which has been running for close to ten years. You just have to be consistant with your water changes ,that's all.
It's nothing crazy but I am happy with it .

DSCF8263.jpg

Great tank! Just curious about your low tech approach. How often and how large are your water changes with it?

I try to do eight gallons every week , if I get lazy every two weeks. I am not dosing , so the water changes are are not only to export nutrients but also to replace essential elements. Definitely notice a difference if I do not keep it up .

Very nice looking tank. You should start a Low-Tech tank thread.

Great tank! Just curious about your low tech approach. How often and how large are your water changes with it?

I dont know about king fish, But I always liked to do between 10-15% water changes EVERY WEEK.

It also depends on how many fish you keep. Fish generate a lot of waste. I am not fan of keeping lots of fish in a reef tank.

I also am running a low tech a hob that cycles 400 gallons per hour 2 koralia 1050s and a light fixture but I think I over fed some coral frenzy only used it once and it trashed my tank now I'm in a battle with what my lfs called dyno and a few small spots of cyano hopefully the new phosban reactor and water changes cure it

Back