Worc new to the site

Reefjunkie

Non-member
Hey guys! been in SW for a few years now, always trying to learn more about this hobby, In the process of setting up a 40 breeder over a 40 breeder. and putting the contents of my 29 gallon standard and 15 gallon column tank into them. just found the site not too long ago figured it be a great place to bounce ideas around and get some feedback.
looking forward to the CT Frag Farmer's Market!! and talking to all you here!;)

here is a lousy picture of my progress and my 15 gallon

tank.jpg

Welcome Aboard! Check out the forum header for meeting and speaker information.

See you around.

you know those junkies stick together! thanks for the kind words, it's been a slow process to get here. Nothing in this hobby is ever easy! once this tank is done sucking all my funds I would like to buy a decent camera
We must be related lol gonna be an awesome setup, keep the pics coming
Thank for the welcome as well,! Flame Angel

Welcome aboard! Your off to a good start there, are the tanks plumbed together or two separate systems?

Thanks guys! The tanks are plumbed together. Playing The fun, waiting game now.
Waiting on Rock, Light for the top tank and for the tanks to cycle

Things to do while I wait..

decide on fish and inverts for these setups

Make some screen tops

order 2 more WP10's

figure out the rock situation in the bottom tank.
I want the bottom tank to be heavy on the macro (the pretty stuff) trying to figure out the best aquascape for this. anyone with knowledge of this would be appreciated! also..
I have a small Vermetid problem with my rock in the 29 (one came in on a frag I didn't notice until too late) not sure I can actually eradicate them all for the move, I really don't want them in the new set up. deciding if I should just start fresh with new rock or attempt to massacre these little bastards

thanks guys, I hate waiting on on equipment, It's excruciating!
Welsin, I know I posted on your page a few days ago lol

Welcome! I'm in Worcester too. Greendale area. I like the setup! I was going with a 40 over 40 set up too, but then a deal came along that was too good to pass up. Still trying to sell one of those 40's....
I'm always up for talking reef, trading frags, and carpooling to meetings if that's ever something you're interested in.
Again, welcome
Bill

Thanks, that sounds like a plan
Welcome! I'm in Worcester too. Greendale area. I like the setup! I was going with a 40 over 40 set up too, but then a deal came along that was too good to pass up. Still trying to sell one of those 40's....
I'm always up for talking reef, trading frags, and carpooling to meetings if that's ever something you're interested in.
Again, welcome
Bill

little update, still waiting on the move to the 40's :/ light isn't here yet, tanks are cycled, Diatoms in the bottom tank slowly being cleaned up by some hungry Mollies.. just bought them some reinforcements! Scratched the Cerameco custom build after waiting for 7 weeks and then them avoiding me...? would of been nice if I figured out they were flakes earlier. Ended up buying some premade pieces from from aqua-tecture, waiting on the last 2 pc's to be delivered and also an aqua mag and Aquamaxx Hob1. all in all it's almost finally all coming together
picked up a neon goby and a 1 eyed YWG who was half priced, I named him Willy
CUC.jpg

Last edited:
Cerameco custom build is back on I guess :/ :)
waiting on this for the top tank
newpiece.jpg

then I guess this will be moved to the bottom tank
tank1.jpg
so I'll have about 50 plus pounds of pukani I will have no need for when all said and done if anyone is looking down the road

Back