Zoos Are Missing

scottv1025

Non-member
i had alot of zoos at one time . 6 big colonys and they are gone so a month ago i bought a rock with 50+ zoos and now i have maybe 15 left . i lose some evry day . anybody know why . all my other corals are fine

What's your water parameters? Also, there are predatory snails that eat zoanthids, check your stock, think there's a photo and info in pest thread.

could be nudibranch that are eating your zoanthids. they are tiny, so its not likely that you will see them unless you do a reef dip or examine them up close.

Plus, the nudi's are usually the color of the zoa's they're feasting on, making it that much harder to see them even if they're large.

Steve

stevenp said:
Plus, the nudi's are usually the color of the zoa's they're feasting on, making it that much harder to see them even if they're large.

Steve
and they are frilly like the polyp of a zoanthind, sneaky little suckers

nudibranch are selective eaters. the type they are depends what they eat. zoanthid nudibranch eat only zoanthids.

a good reef dip would be levamasole, I got a little bit if your local to worcester and want to try it out. otherwize maybe another member can help you find some.

Last edited:
Have you seen any of your fish picking at them? I've heard that sometimes tangs or angels will develop a taste for them, but I've never seen it myself.

Back