Missing Zoos

BigCrowd42

Non-member
I got a nice Sunburst Zoo frag from NateHanson a couple days ago.Just Like my Avitar. Last nite 5 polyps were open every thing was looking good. Came home this afternoon and noticed the rock was moved and flipped over. I reach in and flip it over and notice that there is no zoo's on the rock at all any more.What the f#@$ !! I have had my Lemonpeel Angel in my sump since tuesday because he was nipping my mushrooms.Now I have to figure out who else is doing it.My tank was a FOWL not so long ago so my choice of fish was probably not so reef safe :eek: .I still have a pigmy angel,flame angel, 2 clowns,sailfin tang,solar wrasse,anthias,goby & yellow asssesor. Any ideas on who is the culprit??

I had a hippo go to the dark side after 2yrs. and took out 3 zoa colonies and a bunch of frags. Hippo now resides at another residence. Could they have gotten lose from the super glue and just floated to another part of the tank? I had my pinks to that the other day but they were next to the frag rock. Toomanyfish saw this in my tank...he got the frag.

That sucks Ted.

It's possible that the frag came unglued, so look around in the corners for the frag. None of the other frags I did came unglued, but still possible that's what happened to yours.

I'm not going to frag those zoas again until they grow back some, but if you don't find them in your tank, I'll replace them (if you're pretty sure nothing is eating them - no sense if you've got a zoa-monster fish in your tank :eek:)

Nate

Ted, do you have any other zoas in that tank? Or are these the first ones you've tried?

ClamMan is right, that the flame angels are sometimes trouble. Does he look smug today?

angels and zoos do not mix its only a matter of time (pigmys seem to be ok i here never had one myself so i really cant say for sure)

I have other zoos and one of the rocks had some missing last week.Then I caught the Lemonpeel Angel picking a mushroom so I put him in the sump till I find a home for him. I thought he was the zoomonster but now this happened and the lemon is still in the sump.So nowto find the culprit.

It's a shame if it is him I really like the flame and the Lemonpeel.My wife is not so happy about getting rid of the Lemonpeel it's her favorite.She doesn't understand why I must get rid of him. I tried to explain $40 dollar fish eats $100 plus worth of corals.

PS> Nate I really liked those zoos let me know when you are ready to frag again I will buy another frag.

Back