A Hello and the "chicken or the egg" question

Michaud65

Non-member
Greetings everyone. My name is Amy and I am not so new to saltwater but I still have so much to learn. I started with a 29g went up to a 65 with 20 gallon sump, and just recently downsized to a 28 nano. (I know, usually not heard of to go back down in size in this hobby). As much as I dragged my feet on downsizing, I am actually enjoying the nano. Life got crazy, I had a baby, and I wasn't ready to give up on the hobby but needed to find a way to make it easier. I have a few questions that I was hoping you might be able to help me with. I only have a royal gramma at this time. However he is so shy. Can you suggest some fish that I could have in a 28 gallon that might be more social and not hide so much? Also, I would like to have a RBTA. Would you recommend the rbta before getting clowns or is it something that you can add later, or does it matter? Should I introduce a rbta before other lps and softies? Thanks so much in advance! Nice to "meet" you all! :)

make sure the nano tank has enough light for the nem to live. most of the cheaper cube tanks have low light output. the nicer ones have nice light rigs. ive seen happy nems in nano cubes with 70w or 150w halides or 96w pc bulbs.
also how long has the tank been setup? might wanna let the tank settle in if its new.
for tankmates......clowns, firefish, chromis, gobies and blennies.
so many different things you can put in this tank. just make sure the adult size of the fish is under 3.5". ie. avoid tangs, triggers, other fast big fish.

Thank you! The tank is the hqi 150w metal halide model so there should be plenty of light. And everything came from the 65 which has been set up for 2 years so I plan on letting things settle for a while and will then add the rbta first. I do have a few corals but will wait to add anything else.Thanks again!

Back