adding more clowns

mcf6188

Non-member
hi all i have a pair of clowns and one yellow tang . so can i add 2 more clowns in there i have a 40 breeder .i do have the room .i was thinking of a dwarf something .i could use some help on adding another .thanks fellow reefers

Basically no, there's some ways to force harems of clowns but adding two distinct pairs they'll just kill each other at some point.

They will kill each other. Harems work because there are so many clowns and so many nems that no clown is being picked on specifically.

hi dilligaf 29 could you explain about pushing it with the yellow. do you mean fighting, they seem to be getting along, the one and only reason she is in there is to eat the green alga. so far nothing she do not eat nothing. that i seen i would like to sell her. soon i am thinking about a dwarf coral beauty . please let me know what you all think thanks for your help.have a great day

A good algae eater for that tank size is a Lawnmower blenny. Not colorful for a tropical fish but is a ton p
Of fun to watch.

It depends on what types of clowns.
For regular percular/occi, you may be able to fit two pairs in a 40 breeders. But there will be a lot of arguing and stress.
For maroon/tomoato, it will be out right war to the death

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you saying it's not a good idea to add a tomato clown with two percular clowns?

The aggressive one is the tomato, but if you have a pair of percular, they will hold their own.
But when maroon and tomato paired up, they will become monsters

That's what I thought you meant I was unclear I thought you were saying you cannot mix tomato with a pair or percular which I have and they seem to leave each other alone. This is good information though because I was going to pick up a maroon but now most likely will not thank you for sharing

not for nothing has anyone ever seen maroon and a tomato clowns have any disagreement at all. any videos

I wanted to jump in on this thread.

I had a mated pair of Ocellaris Clowns, but prior to having a lid... one of my cats went fishing one day and we lost the female clown.
The male having been alone for a couple years turned female.

Would introducing a juvenile be certain death or is there a possibility of pairing?

i would like to see these clowns fighting . curren what lid do you have on your tank . i am still looking to put one more fish in the 40 breeder .i have hooked with a lot of awesome people in this hobby. when it comes to coral great people .i bought a set of ati t 5 after led and what a difference.

I wanted to jump in on this thread.

I had a mated pair of Ocellaris Clowns, but prior to having a lid... one of my cats went fishing one day and we lost the female clown.
The male having been alone for a couple years turned female.

Would introducing a juvenile be certain death or is there a possibility of pairing?

You should be able to add a juvenile without a problem. I had a single (female) alone for about 9 years and added a little boyfriend for her with no issues. As long as the new one is small enough to definitely not be starting the transition to female, you should be good to go.

curren what lid do you have on your tank .

Three standard hinged glass covers, they work to keep the jumpers and my sneaky eel in.
I'd rather a screen top but one of my main concern was to keep the excess humidity and gas exchange in my basement sump where its vented rather than accumulating in my living room.
Unfortunately the glass filters the light reducing the output by 20% or so.

You should be able to add a juvenile without a problem. I had a single (female) alone for about 9 years and added a little boyfriend for her with no issues. As long as the new one is small enough to definitely not be starting the transition to female, you should be good to go.

That's good news, I'll have to give it a shot next time someone is selling babies.

Back