Aiptasia ending me.

charbel1011

BRS Member
Good evening folks. Hope everyone having a nice holiday weekend. My tank is 5 months old. lPS dominant tank. Everything growing like weed. I just have this annoying aiptasia growing everywhere. At first i was killing them F aiptasia. But now i can’t keep up its a 150G deep tank. Hard to reach areas etc… i tried nudis my red line ate them. I tried ORA peppermint shrimp they came from algaebarn yesterday so tiny. I dont have high hope for those. What are the solutions here folks. Thank you.

How many peppermint shrimps? I heard it has to be an army if you want them all gone. I have two and part of my tank is aiptasia free lol

Good evening folks. Hope everyone having a nice holiday weekend. My tank is 5 months old. lPS dominant tank. Everything growing like weed. I just have this annoying aiptasia growing everywhere. At first i was killing them F aiptasia. But now i can’t keep up its a 150G deep tank. Hard to reach areas etc… i tried nudis my red line ate them. I tried ORA peppermint shrimp they came from algaebarn yesterday so tiny. I dont have high hope for those. What are the solutions here folks. Thank you.
what’s your location maybe one of our sponsers can set you up with some good size peppermint shrimp. I threw in 10 and done see aptasia any more. with a wrasse in there they will have to be good size

Berghia nudibranchs if you don’t have other things that won’t eat them. My 100G was completely overwhelmed, wasn’t overnight but they ate them all.

Berghia nudibranchs if you don’t have other things that won’t eat them. My 100G was completely overwhelmed, wasn’t overnight but they ate them all.
This is the only method you should consider it works. But if you have predatory fish that will eat the Bergihia you might have to temporarily rehouse them for the time being. Another thing is that you could resell the berghia that multiply in your tank. They seem to be in demand

This is the only method you should consider it works. But if you have predatory fish that will eat the Bergihia you might have to temporarily rehouse them for the time being. Another thing is that you could resell the berghia that multiply in your tank. They seem to be in demand
100%
Nudis work everytime for me. Peps have helped in the past. Fish trap that wrasse and order some nudis

Its hard to find nudis in stock anywhere. Online they go for a lot. Last time got lucky and got 15$/piece but yeah
I hear you. Sometimes I see nudis here for sale. Look up old posts. Maybe you’ll get lucky. On the other hand if you need to borrow the clubs fish trap let me know GL

Its hard to find nudis in stock anywhere. Online they go for a lot. Last time got lucky and got 15$/piece but yeah
I've seen them on Facebook recently for $20 a piece. The prices are getting crazy. I got them a couple years ago for $8 a piece! They work though..

Have some faith on those peppermint shrimps.
I put a dozen small-ish peppermints in my cube tank and every single aiptasia was gone within a week. I started taking frags from the sump and moving them up for a couple days just to clean them up.

I put a dozen small-ish peppermints in my cube tank and every single aiptasia was gone within a week. I started taking frags from the sump and moving them up for a couple days just to clean them up.
Yup. This is why I don’t understand why people are having such issue with aptaisias. Or maybe is something else they have.
The peppermint shrimps can and will control the aptaisias 90-95%. The rest you can hit it with Joe’s juice or aptaisia X. Even if it spawned out before it died, the baby ones will get cleaned up by the peppermint shrimps.
The peppermint shrimps, however, don’t last forever. They’re shrimps. Short life span so be prepared to replenish them every now and then.

I have a 40gl tank that was infested with aptasia, lol it was horrendous. I picked up a file fish, at first it didn’t seem like he was doing anything then in about 2 weeks the aptasia was gone. He smashed it, I can’t even see small ones in the crevices of live rock.

whatever you put in, put it in AT NIGHT to give it a chance. tossing peps in during daytime with a wrasse in the tank looks too much like food.

Good luck!

Back