aiptasia

bettez8789

BRS Member
What does everyone recommend to get rid of aiptasia I don’t see to many in my tank but that doesn’t mean there not hiding thanks in advance

Copperband butterfly usually the Australian ones cost more but are more effective

For a few aiptasia, F-aiptasia works well as it forms a solid crust that covers the pest to prevent it to spread.
Aptasia-x, Joes Juice do not work, even worse, they actually encourage aptasia to multiply fast.

Regarding the Aiptasia wand, it does not work, it only damages the aiptasia and encourages it to multiply.

For SPS only tank, the best solution is Aiptasia eating filefish.

So I’m my opinion it’s multiple things, I have a filefish who has not touched them. (Maybe I feed too much and he eats the mysis I feed my tank). So I use aptasia x and f-aptasia, i like f-aptasia because it’s like a glue and seems to epoxy them but the need to be in the right place so I also use aptasia x when I can’t get to them with f-aptasia.

So I say you need different things because no 1 remedy has worked for me

Shout out to @All Things Aquatic for the recommendation for the aiptasia wand worked like a champ will see in a couple days if any are still in thank thanks everyone for the help.

Last edited:
I have used F-Aiptasia and for me they just multiplied every time I used it. I tried peppermint shrimp they helped some. I tried berghia nudibranch I think my wrasse ate them. I finally bought a Copper Band Butterfly and I haven't seen any since. I do still get them in my overflow.

I have used F-Aiptasia and for me they just multiplied every time I used it. I tried peppermint shrimp they helped some. I tried berghia nudibranch I think my wrasse ate them. I finally bought a Copper Band Butterfly and I haven't seen any since. I do still get them in my overflow.
I used the wand it killed them if they come back I’ll try a fish my tank is super deep to try and get them with a needle

Copper Band is a beautiful fish as long as you can get them to eat. Mine goes crazy for Mysis Shrimp

Angelfish. Just don’t keep LPS corals with it.
Peppermint shrimps. But you need to get enough of them and restock once they die off.
IME, you will never be able to rid of all the aptaisias without a natural predator in the tank. Just live it them. Get a couple peppermint shrimps to keep them in control.
If you don’t have LPS corals in the tank, angelfish, and I don’t mean the reef safe kind, will demolish all the aptaisias.

Angelfish. Just don’t keep LPS corals with it.
Peppermint shrimps. But you need to get enough of them and restock once they die off.
IME, you will never be able to rid of all the aptaisias without a natural predator in the tank. Just live it them. Get a couple peppermint shrimps to keep them in control.
If you don’t have LPS corals in the tank, angelfish, and I don’t mean the reef safe kind, will demolish all the aptaisias.
What angels are you talking about

Back