Alex's 180

Very nice Alex. The SPS are growing!
How aggressive is your clown tang towards other tangs and fish mate?

He can be a jerk but so far aggression hasn't been a big problem. Nobody is beat up. I actually saw a couple marks on him at one point. The yellow tang doesn't take his crap but the hippo runs and hides. My fish count is pretty low and I think that helps.

By the way holy crap your new tank looks amazing.

Looking great man! Things are definitely growing!

Thanks El Jeffe. Stuff is growing but I need to get things colored up. I've been good but not great on maintenance and had to drift my alk levels up so not super stable. That and I haven't checked where my phos/mag numbers are at. Hopefully it gets there. Probably add another wave of SPS in the spring.

Your tank is looking a little crowded. Upgrade already. :)

He can be a jerk but so far aggression hasn't been a big problem. Nobody is beat up. I actually saw a couple marks on him at one point. The yellow tang doesn't take his crap but the hippo runs and hides. My fish count is pretty low and I think that helps.

By the way holy crap your new tank looks amazing.

Thanks Alex. That sounds good. I'm up to 9 tangs. I want a Sohal or a Clown but it's probably not going to happen. As much as I like SPS, I also like a lot of fish.

Hah, Alk stability is the bane of reefers existence! As you probably know, I think another factor in terms of coloration is that the tank is only 3 months old. My tanks coloration greatly improved at 6-8 months maturation. Never upgrade! Im letting the sps battle it out, with some choice sniping! :D

Thanks El Jeffe. Stuff is growing but I need to get things colored up. I've been good but not great on maintenance and had to drift my alk levels up so not super stable. That and I haven't checked where my phos/mag numbers are at. Hopefully it gets there. Probably add another wave of SPS in the spring.

Your tank is looking a little crowded. Upgrade already. :)

Hah, Alk stability is the bane of reefers existence! As you probably know, I think another factor in terms of coloration is that the tank is only 3 months old. My tanks coloration greatly improved at 6-8 months maturation. Never upgrade! Im letting the sps battle it out, with some choice sniping! :D
Its been a while so figured I would post some updates. my house got hit with a power surge a little over a month ago that took out a bunch of my equipment but we are pretty much up and running now. unfortunately I lost a bunch of sps and my anemone. Most of the rest are browned out or bleached. Honestly though the softies and Lps have never looked better. Good news is I didn't loose a single fish. That and I had an excuse to buy some new equipment. got a new mp40qd. man do those things move water.

d956abd2d8501a87427ae27875d521fd.jpg
a1bff37ac1288fbb95e5f19686cf0c86.jpg
59204d7b4805eb9f1235710bfb217747.jpg
c15680ac1f98105840df4bd6ed496495.jpg
76c65f8dae2dcd85e457746ef953d951.jpg
21ca46b76f9a7b9e31ce0416508f328a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Very nice.
Have you looked into a whole house power surge that gets installed right at the electrical panel?
I also lost a Profilux controller due to lightning strike in the woods behind our house this past summer.
How you like the clown tang?

Hey! I am about to plumb my 180. How do you like the flexible PVC? I assume it gets glued similar to hard pvc?

Very nice.
Have you looked into a whole house power surge that gets installed right at the electrical panel?
I also lost a Profilux controller due to lightning strike in the woods behind our house this past summer.
How you like the clown tang?
I hadn't but will be now. I heard they can be a pain and trip unnecessarily though. Did you get one? My surge was from a downed power line that somehow caused a backfill to my house. Both of my EB8s, the return pump and Tunze powerhead are all toast. I'm not sure about the main module for the apex. I replaced the whole thing. Also had to replace allmost every appliance in the house including the furnace.

I thought the Radions were gone but I opened up the ballasts and the fuses had saved the day. One one them got hit so hard the glass was just gone. The other two looked like the metal inside just vaporised.

I love the clown tang. He can be a bit of a bully but everyone is pretty happy and healthy no frayed fins. He has a ton of personality. Always wants attention. The other day he splashed me trying to get me to feed him. Really pretty fish too. especially when he "flashes".
222775b760887761f79c7cd14a1ba7f7.jpg

Hey! I am about to plumb my 180. How do you like the flexible PVC? I assume it gets glued similar to hard pvc?
I've used spaflex almost exclusively over the years for anything under the tank. It has a little give to it and I always felt like the gentle curve made the plumbing quieter. You use the same primer and glue. One trick is to soak it in warm water to make it more pliable.

I've used spaflex almost exclusively over the years for anything under the tank. It has a little give to it and I always felt like the gentle curve made the plumbing quieter. You use the same primer and glue. One trick is to soak it in warm water to make it more pliable.

Where do you buy spaflex?

I've seen 16" sections of flexible pvc at home depot of that's what's being discussed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back