alternative to interceptor that kills both AEFW and RBs?

Wow, that seems like it really works. Since it's so cheap and easy to do, hopefully more people will dip their corals and we'll have a lot fewer pests in this hobby.

im gonna try it. wth, 12 bucks at the depo for a life time supply basically and it easy to obtain. revive isnt too cheap anymore and interceptor is difficult to obtain. only downside is that you cant treat the entire tank.

Reading the thread on reef central, it would seem like it works pretty well. Id like to try it as well on my next frag. Interested on your results steve and any opinions anyone else might have.

I've tried this out a few days ago on a colony of zoos just to test it out. I followed the instructions in the thread 10 min dip .5 ml of bayer for every 2 cups of water. The zoos were fine they showed no signs of stress during the dip. All the pods and nuisance flatworms died off a few mins in. I rinsed the frag off with tank water before putting it back into the tank and the zoos were all opened after about 30 mins or so. The bayer also didn't kill the mini feather dusters that were on the frag. 3 days later everything in the tank seems fine ( Fish, pod population ect)

Yesterday i tried this again, this time with some acros i had just gotten. Followed the same instructions and got the same result. All kinds of pods and nuisance flatworms died and 30 mins after the dip the polyps started to extend and they have looked good since then.

Seems like this could be nice treatment for red bugs, Id like to see someone who has them give it a shot. For AEFW however it might as good a treatment. Whisper noted in his thread while it will kill any adult FWs it most likely wouldn't kill the eggs since the membranes are not permeable and a short dip most likely wouldn't have an effect.

So its probably a great flash treatment, like revive or iodine but the interceptor/lemosole treatment would probably be the safer root for new frags

Anyone else try this out yet?

I am not aware of any dip that is capable of killing AEFW eggs. Well at least one's that won't also kill the coral. Heh.

Back