Anybody else have Spaghetti Worms in there systems??

Steviereefs

Non-member
So I was trying to figure out for the longest time what these long but fine tentacle were and finally upon physical inspection of a chalice unearthed the actual body connected to the tentacles,,, Spaghetti Worms!!! How cool is that. So they submerge their bodies or cover themselves with sand or what not and from that position forage way far out with tentacle many times the length of there bodies. I've read elsewhere that they are amazing detritus consumers and will help with more heavily fed tanks. Cool bonus from using the cape Cod shoreline live sand!!! They are difficult to photograph.
f250019c684d8b4ea187b92a2f88a109.jpg

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Idk probably as I don't live with her and I'm never there when she feeds. I'm sure she does cause she likes to keep her babies full lol

I have them everywhere in my 125. My live rock came from Florida, 4.5 years ago. So they easily thrive in a reef tank.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

I have tons of them too , I feed normally . meaning not too much not too little . They seem to thrive more in my fuge which I never feed

my first set up had these all over the place. Loved those things. Then I go some fish that apparently liked them too and made "all gone" with the spaghetti worms. I don't recall what the fish was, but it may have been a 6 line wrasse as that thing aggressively hunted pods and everything else in the rock-work.

Used to have them everywhere in the sand, then one day that all disappeared and now I have a similar thing in the rocks, but thicker. Like sweepers but not from corals, just some worm type creature i'd think. Docile.
Either way they're of benefit IMO.

Now that I think of it, ever since I bought my solon wrasse, the sandbed ones are gone... hmm...

Nice, I bought a bunch of these to try to seed my sand bed, but I'm guessing my wrasses had a nice snack on them.

Where did you buy them from.

Inland aquatics. They have quite few unique sand dwellers and the only place I've ever seen that sells stomatella snails. I put a bunch of those in my fuge and my god the babies. I have tons and tons of stomas. They also have a nice selection of macro Algae. Their web site is atrocious as they are primarily Brick and mortar store. I've heard the place is incredible. The product is great. Highly recommend.

Back