Anybody else get this from G. Hiller?

stingythingy45

BRS Member
Brown acro?I know a few frags got handed out at a meeting.
He mentioned that it grows long and thin.But check out this weird growth pattern.For months it just got thicker and encrusted.Then it broke into multiple branches like a cactus.:p
Just thought I would share and see if anybody else has this.

I got one of those brown acro with white tip frags too. One of the fastest growing corals in my tank. I 'll have to see if I can get a pic.

Hey Greg, Any pics of the mother colony?

Last edited:
I have a piece of that too, got it from him at BRASS (a really nice guy)! He said it would be a good "Test acro" for my new 90G. Well it was and now the tank has a ton of gorgeous frags in there growing, and the brown town acro is still in there too!
Mine is growing in a straight line up and getting thicker, still no branches, it is 4-5 inches tall now! Just a monolith...

Oh, and something interesting, I moved it down since it was so brown (wanted the best real estate for brighter corals), but when I had it up high in the best light and flow, the white growing tips turned fluorescent green... (but just the VERY tips, so I decided it wasnt enough and moved it from the pinnacle spot)

anyhow, thanks again greg!

I got one of those brown acro with white tip frags too. One of the fastest growing corals in my tank. I 'll have to see if I can get a pic.

Hey Greg, Any pics of the mother colony?

That's very cool.Mine doesn't grow all that fast compared to the other acros.It's up top right under halides.
I was hoping Greg would reply to this.

I have a piece of that too, got it from him at BRASS (a really nice guy)! He said it would be a good "Test acro" for my new 90G. Well it was and now the tank has a ton of gorgeous frags in there growing, and the brown town acro is still in there too!
Mine is growing in a straight line up and getting thicker, still no branches, it is 4-5 inches tall now! Just a monolith...

Oh, and something interesting, I moved it down since it was so brown (wanted the best real estate for brighter corals), but when I had it up high in the best light and flow, the white growing tips turned fluorescent green... (but just the VERY tips, so I decided it wasnt enough and moved it from the pinnacle spot)

anyhow, thanks again greg!

Greg is very cool,past president and one of the good guys in this club.
I have it high in the tank under halides,but never seen any change in color.
Thanks for replying.

Back