Anybody else notice just before lights out?

stingythingy45

BRS Member
The fish will suddenly disappear?About 5 minutes before my halides go off they're gone.
I was looking in the tank at a few corals and was like...wow...where did all the fish go?Then the lights snapped off,didn't realize it was that close to the timer shutting them off.I noticed that one Green Chromis I have will hide 1/2 before the lights go out.He's and early to bed kind of fish.
I've been running the same light cycle now for 2 years except when I acclimated corals to the MH's.It's like the fishes internal clock says,"time to hide,soon it will be dark".:p

On my T5's once the 10k's go off everyones in bed even with the actinics still going. :). Well, everyone except for the clownfish

same w/ my fish. Lights go off at 11:30, the fish hide and corals start to shrivel at about 11. My lunar wrasse goes to bed promptly at 10:30 lol (10:30-11:30 just actinics).

Funny, I have the opposite experience. My engineer goby begins to take laps around the tank with my true perc (gill to gill mind you) 15 min before the lights go out each night. He never comes out for any other reason but to feed. Once the lights go out he zips back into his caves……

yah my guys are all in their beds about 10 min before lights out....clowns in the anem. almost all of the time anyway

...off to bed

Yup about 1/2 hour before lights out, everyone begins to hunker down. Esp the green chromis they too disappear. Then like a cop walking the beat, my Cardinal begins his nightly patrol! All is well in the mini-ocen for another day!

Back