Anybody using this for a sustrate?

I was going to buy the same stuff plus a bag of Arag-Alive for my 58.

Do you think that Seaflor sand will appear as pink under halides? I'll have it under a Phoenix 14K lamp.

Thanks,
Paul

I have a very similar Aragonite, my first 75 had Southdown which I did not like at all, I used the Aragonite for my 90 and am very pleased with it.

Jim

hehe I never liked southdown that much either...economics though...its cheap and a pita.

hehe I never liked southdown that much either...economics though...its cheap and a pita.

Yup, sometimes I guess we learn the hard way. Some people like it but it just blows around way to much for me. I will be much happier in the long run :)

You and me both...Cant wait to get aragonite. FYI, I was searching around and marinedepot has their substrates all mislabeled. Check the product numbers against caribseas website before ordering
http://www.carib-sea.com/pages/products/marine/substrate/aragonite.html

I am pretty sure the sugar sized sand (oolitic) is similar to southdown in terms of blowing around. So I would stay away from product # 00930. So it looks like its down to aragamax select (00932), fiji pink (00052), or seafloor special grade (00050). Good luck, let me know how it goes.

Back