Apex Skimmer Issue

Let me clarify that statement. The manual switching of the toggles is a fusion issue. I am not sure why it would be interrupting the float switch

If I follow your thinking you are separating out functions that require real time communication from preprogrammed functions.

Jim

Thank you for the input, it makes no difference where in the program the defer statement is it is the last to be executed this is true, but as I see it it does not supersede the command that says if the switch is open then off and it is a stand alone statement that instructs a delay prior to restart.

BTW I think the fallback as OFF is the way to go.

Jim

I think the DEFER statement is the problem. Regardless of where it is in the program it will execute. Looks to me like 2 minutes after this program is evaluated the outlet is always turned on.

this is incorrect the defer statement is a cmd that tells it how long to wait to turn back on after it has been turned off. it will not overrule off statements. it can be placed anywhere in the program...

good to see you back on the forums though dude. I hope things are well!

it makes no difference where in the program the defer statement is it is the last to be executed this is true, but as I see it it does not supersede the command that says if the switch is open then off and it is a stand alone statement that instructs a delay prior to restart.

this is correct

Jim, can you access the classic dashboard?

If I follow your thinking you are separating out functions that require real time communication from preprogrammed functions

correct.

"NOT CONNECTED TO FUSION" but it's not communicating with Fusion or the Apex and provides no message telling you that, again all looks normal. In this phase if one was to try and input a manual command such turning on a light the slider acts like a two pole momentary switch, toggling it from AUTO to ON or OFF it will snap back to the AUTO position,

manually turning a "switch" from off to auto or on on the fusion dashboard will have no effect if there is no communication to the"cloud" fusion server.

if one were to access the apex via the classic dashboard over the LAN (local area network) the switches should work.

I believe because you have the initial set to on when it loses its connection to fusion it gets "confused" and puts the outlet into the default state (in your case on).

the problem I have with my own thinking here is that the apex should operate independently of fusion. the set on statement is more if the eb8 loses communication with the "brain".

I would like to say that this problem has me intrigued as the program you wrote is CORRECT.

I lost power several times briefly if fact I said to my wife I wish the power would stay out and stop cycling like this, we have a whole house generator and it keep turning on/off it would have been better having it on and staying on.
I'll get back to your other points a little later I'am just heading out.

Jim

Do you have a small a.c. adapter on the brain of the apex?

I'm thinking the issue occurred during a brief power outage. If it started when the power was out and then quickly came back on the Apex wouldn't necessarily know to turn off the skimmer. If you change the fallback to off. It might avoid this. You could also add the statement

If Power Apex Off 001 Then OFF

But you would have to set up the Apex so it will know when there's a power outage

Last edited:
May have been covered already...but be sure that the outlet that your modem etc is plugged into is powered by the generator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And double check the open/closed config on your float switch.

The base unit has a small 2.1mm plug all the way to left labeled power. If you take an AC adapter (any 12v@.5mA or a 12v@1.0A) and plug it into a ups backup, the apex can tell when power is out.

Like this
Apex ups.png

You will now be able to add a cmd line like

If Power Apex Off 001 Then OFF

This will instruct the apex to turn off power to the skimmer if there is a power outage longer than 1 minute.

What I THINK happened is in regards to this line

If Sw1 OPEN Then Off

If this switch opens while there is say a 1 min power outage, the brain will NOT turn off the outlet when power is restored. It will it ignore the cmd because it wasn't "awake" during the status change.

If one were to look quickly at the screen however it would show an open switch leaving one to think "why did it not shut down?".

I'm waiting for confirmation from zombie on this however so I'm only 80% sure this is the case.

That would be great out reach for them! Supply one active member from every major club with apex systems and train them to help others out! It would be an easy investment for both the clubs and Neptune!

My previous statement is INCORRECT. It should have turned off the outlet once power was restored and the base unit realized the connection is open.

Still looking into this one

@Jim Tansey My understanding is you witnessed then active overflow. Meaning you saw the pump running while the Apex listed the switch as open. Is this correct?

Back