auto water change build

jayinh

barnstead NH
A.W.C - A.T.O

here are some pics of an auto water change i built today, sorry no before-during pics. it has 3 outlets that are controlled via relays and float switches. the toggle can be flipped to "ato" for every day auto top off duty triggered by 2 floats switches wired in series for safety. when the toggle is flipped to " wc" the sump float switch controls the "mag" outlet.the "mj" outlet turns on as well and pumps water out of the sump and out of the sidewall of house via a sump installed maxi jet 900. the mag 9.5 is in the basement tied to the mixing staion, theres a float valve in the bottom of the 33 gallon barrel that turns off the "mj" outlet. hope this make sense. enjoy

3-12010.jpg

3-12011.jpg

3-12012.jpg

3-12013.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool indeed! What's the input connected to?
one is connected to a sump mounted float switch(2 switches wired in series) the other input is from a float switch at the bottom of a 33 gal. brute can fulll of new saltwater.kills the power to the mag pump when brute gets low on makeup water.

Looks awesome. Where did you get the relays? What's the part #/etc.? I want to get some so I can start working on my Arduino controller side-project.

Looks awesome. Where did you get the relays? What's the part #/etc.? I want to get some so I can start working on my Arduino controller side-project.

I know Radio Shack carries most of the relays, toggle switches, rc jacks and red leds etc.. U Do It Electronics in Needham carries most of that stuff to.

here is the new mixing station for my new auto water changer. there are 2 brute 32 gal. containers, left is fresh RODI with kent float valve for filling via RODI filter. right is for mixing salt water and pumping up to display.there are outlets on each container at the bottom for filling buckets if needed.one mag 9.5 for mixing and pumping new salt water to sump/display, there is a check valve on the plumbing to sump/display so the line does not empty itself when auto WC is being used as it will be turning on-off as needed.also there is a bypass to empty that line after WC is complete. in the right container(new SW) there is a float sensor about 10" up from the bottom, this when triggered tells the autoWC'er to turn off the" mag "outlet that is pumping new SW back to sump/display.hope all this makes sense. enjoy

march2012026.jpg

Just started checking out the first video. Need to stop for dinner, but I will be back...

Jay, where do you find the time.

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back