Auto Water Change

panayiote73

Non-member
Is there a commercially available auto water changing system? If so, which would you recommend, how well does it work?

Search the forums for posts by 'jayinh'. Think he has a system he builds/sells for AWC. If I can find the thread I'll repost.

Edit to add: Or... he can post it himself seconds before I do. ;)

Last edited:

That is a really sweet setup! I'll be honest though reason I was asking for a commercially available one is because I don't have time to build something like this i.e. shopping for parts, putting it all together. Believe me if I had the time I would love too. I figured something out of the box would be somewhat easier.

Actually, do you sell these? If so I'd be interested in buying one from you. Hope I didn't just violate forum rules?

I think you have to ask really really nicely. Afaik he doesn't make tons of $ on it, its more to help others, cuz jay is like that.
Pm is good for these kinda things lol

I use a Liter Meter III. I have to make 2 55gal drums of water, one for top off, and one for WC. I change about 4 gallons/day, and I top off about 2 gallon/day. I have been using it for over a year without issues, and it works great. I have a third pump hooked up to it to remove 4 gallons. You can hook up 3 pumps to a Liter Meter, so thats how I do it. I have a high water level sensor, and a low water sensor in case it runs off. I was going to add a salinity monitor, but havnt had any issues, and dont feel the need for it. I havnt done a WC in over a year and have a 120 mainly SPS dominated tank. It has made my tank much more enjoyable.

Good Luck

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back