auto water change build

Sweet setup! Now to convince the wife to let me drill another hole to outside the house. ;o)

I'm thinking the next thing I need is an ATO and if I could integrate the WC at the same time even better.

Sweet setup! Now to convince the wife to let me drill another hole to outside the house. ;o)

I'm thinking the next thing I need is an ATO and if I could integrate the WC at the same time even better.

this would be perfect for you... ATO and WC all wrapped in one. the discharge line could re routed to another barrel or drain if thats a better fit for you.

thanks guys, just trying to make life easier for us and the maintence of the tanks out there

The old brass covered plastic trick eh?

Wanted to make sure.....some people don't know brass is bronze/copper or whatever....

It looks great, but I went the lazy way and just used a liter meter III and called it a day. I have been using it for over a month changing out 3 gal a day. I also installed a swabbie, and a collection cup for my skimmer and now I really don't have to do anything. LOL

It looks great, but I went the lazy way and just used a liter meter III and called it a day. I have been using it for over a month changing out 3 gal a day. I also installed a swabbie, and a collection cup for my skimmer and now I really don't have to do anything. LOL

Lol lazy old man, same here. Best piece of equipment I spent on the tank. Mix salt once a month and don't have to worry about water change is priceless.

one is connected to a sump mounted float switch(2 switches wired in series) the other input is from a float switch at the bottom of a 33 gal. brute can fulll of new saltwater.kills the power to the mag pump when brute gets low on makeup water.

Now design a hopper that can dump predetermined amount of salt and a trigger for the RODI water to flow until it fills your brute mixing barrel when the empty float triggers.... Bammm no more mixing water either!!!
I love automation, great job on this! And makes you think what else is possible?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Now design a hopper that can dump predetermined amount of salt and a trigger for the RODI water to flow until it fills your brute mixing barrel when the empty float triggers.... Bammm no more mixing water either!!!
I love automation, great job on this! And makes you think what else is possible?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wow thats a good idea, hmmm i may look into that. at the moment the new RODI water is filled in a seperate brute and then pumped over to the brute for mixed saltwater.

Upcoming Events

June 9, 2024
Ben Johnson
Club Meeting

Back