Bra bio pellets

mark429

Non-member
Has anybody used brs bio pellets to help remove nitrates? It says it will also help with phosphates. I'm just looking to see if anybody has first had experience with this product.

I have used the NPX Bio pellets before and it did reduce my Nitrates close to 0. But it also pissed off a few corals. My Aussie Leatehr Toadstool and Tyree Leather closed up and didn't want to open up. After running the reactor with the pellets for 2 weeks, I took it down. It took another 2 weeks for the leathers to open up again...:(

I am tempted to try it again, since it really did take care of Nitrates...but I am afraid it is going to do something along those lines again to some of my corals...:confused:

Higor

I have used the NPX Bio pellets before and it did reduce my Nitrates close to 0. But it also pissed off a few corals. My Aussie Leatehr Toadstool and Tyree Leather closed up and didn't want to open up. After running the reactor with the pellets for 2 weeks, I took it down. It took another 2 weeks for the leathers to open up again...:(

I am tempted to try it again, since it really did take care of Nitrates...but I am afraid it is going to do something along those lines again to some of my corals...:confused:

Higor

Is it possible that you were stripping the water too fast? Ive been reading on Zeovit, and they recommend1/4 to half dosage of the zeolite for the first 2 weeks to avoid cleaning the water too fast.

Its possible that your corals were reacting to the rapidly changing water conditions rather than the bio pellets themselves.

Could be... I thought that as well. I did how ever use the recomended start up dosage. Maybe even the recomended dosage was a little too much. If I do try it again, I will be sure to start with even less.

Higor

Last check my nitrates we 25 ppm and I know that's not to high but I would like to drop it If I can

Back