New tank cycling stall - looking for bio media in RI/Uxbridge area

RockD2

BRS Member
I recently got back in with a 48 Fiji-cube. I started with dry rock and live sand. I seeded it with Turbo start 900 and then added Fritz fishless fuel for the ammonia. I think I messed up the doses. It’s been over two weeks and the nitrites are still high. I did a 15 gallon water change and it helped a little. Would adding a bio brick or live rock from an established reef help? If so does anyone have some in RI?
Thanks
Rocco

Attachments

• IMG_5473.jpeg
    IMG_5473.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 42
I recently got back in with a 48 Fiji-cube. I started with dry rock and live sand. I seeded it with Turbo start 900 and then added Fritz fishless fuel for the ammonia. I think I messed up the doses. It’s been over two weeks and the nitrites are still high. I did a 15 gallon water change and it helped a little. Would adding a bio brick or live rock from an established reef help? If so does anyone have some in RI?
Thanks
1. Did you just start the system?
2. Did you test and see/confirm the cycle happened what ammonia, nitrite, nitrate levels did you have
3. How long has the tank been cycling.
4.What are you using for testing cycle progress.
5. What is your nitrate level you speak of?

Happy Reefing, Hope we can help out

Thanks for the reply. I did a 20% water change and added some more turbo start and I was at zero nitrite and nitrate after two days, so we’re good! Finally.

dose more ammonia and make sure it goes back to 0 in 24 hours. how long did your tank cycle?

Back