Building my own stand

Nate,
I looked there but they don't have any pictures of the doors. They say they have an "eyebrow arch" on the unfinished doors but I don't know what that is.

Would this be considered an eyebrow arch?

Steve

Last edited:
Heh, I just ordered two unfinished hickory doors for $29.50 total plus shipping.

It's amazing they're able to sell these for such short money. I'm probably supporting a sweat shop somewhere in Taiwan.

Steve

hey steve, that looks sweet painted up!!! can't wait to see what it looks like with the doors. don't forget me when it comes time for your sump and or fuge. i'll help you when and where i can.

take care!!

ANDY

Likewise Steve, yours turned out very nice as well.

The large holes are for my own viewing pleasure of the worms and other creatures that burrow deep into the bowels of the sand bed. I know there's not much to see, but I'm pretty curious by nature.

Steve

For a second there I thought it was a vanity :eek: looks good are you going to make a matching hood?

Pat,
Good eyes; that was my goal. I had Pratt and Lambert match the house trim.

Greg,
Matching canopy is on the way... stay tuned...

Steve

The canopy is under construction but it's taking a while since I've been on the road for work so much lately. My new years resolution is to focus on the tank and have it completed ASAP. I will start a new thread on the canopy shortly.

Over all though, and not to toot my own horn, I'm pretty pleased on how the stand turned out especially since this is the first piece of furniture I've built :)

Steve

looks good, that will go very nicely with the canopy you made
Duds

Yep, it's been done and running for a few months now. The pics aren't the best though... the tank has matured a bit since then, and much more rock has been added, not to mention water :)

It's hinged so I can open the front panel for normal maintenence and feeding, and the top is hinged as well so I can really get in there when needed. The trim holds it all together like a puzzle.

Steve

Last edited:
Back