Clam Help!

QUIG

Non-member
Got my dersa clam a few weeks back and has been doing good. Came home today and it looks ripped. Is this something that will heal or is it doomed?

Pic

Picture

Attachments

• 2016-12-02 19.52.41.jpg
    2016-12-02 19.52.41.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 214
what fish do you have ? looks like someone has a taste for clams ( most fish do ) Trick is to feed them a ton and keep them from finding out . Once they do they won't stop . But you may be able to save the clam . its a long shot but if you can put the clam in your fuge or something with adequate lighting for that clam and then put a 2 liter bottle over it with Phyto Basicly squirt in phyto and let the clam eat it then remove the bottle it will help

my blue throat would of demolished my clams, I fed him diced clams, good thing he's in my basement sump, just my 2 cents but you have 3 triggers, they would be my prime suspects

Ok I put white plastic light grating over it with one open side I hope it helps it's still alive and responding to movement over it

Jeez I feel like any one of those fish could potentially pick at a clam. I've heard of both melanarsus and lemarck picking at mantels though I've not seen it 1st hand.

Ok my girlfriend spotted the fish while I was at work yesterday. It was my splendid dotty back I can't catch it but built a cage over the derasa clam. My squamousa is still untouched

I'd still feed them a little more so their appetite doesn't tempt them to take a nip at the squamousa

Back