Condy ate my spotted Mandarin

Madfish

Madfish
Hey Guys,
I just picked up a small spotted mandarin 2 days ago and it looks like my condy ate him. Are Mandarin's toxic? i think my condy is now dying too :(

Thanks
Steve

Oh no ... that's awful. Are you sure it's not just hiding? Did you see it get eaten? Maybe it was already dead and the condy just got the remains. I don't think they are toxic, but I can't say I remember hearing of one getting eaten before.

I saw the remains floating in the tank tonight, It looked as if it was eaten by something :( my tank only consist's of a pair of clowns and a damsel. I have now moved the condy into a 5G recovery tank. He looks pretty bad! i don't want him dying in my main tank causing it to crash. the Mandarin had such beautiful colors :dispirited::dispirited:

I don't think they are toxic. I mean any remains of a dead animal in your tank will pollute your water, but nothing toxic with the mandarin. I had my mandarin eaten by my haddoni.

Damsels can be pretty aggressive, maybe he was the culprit. Either way I hope the condy recovers, it's probably just a coincidence that it got sick when the mandarin died.

Sorry to hear that, mandarins can be tricky. was it eating?

I don't think they are toxic. I mean any remains of a dead animal in your tank will pollute your water, but nothing toxic with the mandarin. I had my mandarin eaten by my haddoni.

Dans haddoni ate almost ALL of my fish! mandarin, lawn mower, anthias....needless to say, that's why it's Dans haddoni now lol

condy is probably just finishing digesting his huge meal, mine did the same thing, it looked like it died but it recovered just fine

Sorry to hear that, mandarins can be tricky. was it eating?

Dans haddoni ate almost ALL of my fish! mandarin, lawn mower, anthias....needless to say, that's why it's Dans haddoni now lol

hahah. Now all he has is larger fish. He can't get them.

Sorry to hear it, but you might be better off in the long run. At least it can't eat any more fish now. I have one that is getting dangerously big, and I'm starting to worry about it. I didn't buy it, I rescued it from somebody whose tank broke. I never thought about it eating my fish. :(

Back