Connection question...K2R (Calcium Reactor)

Hale

Soggy Sleeves
AR1111_99.jpg

I bought this K2R Calcium reactor used, without a manual.

Just a simple question here, i'm new to this.
Q: How do I connect the in/out plumming?

I know the Co2 goes IN somewhere, the tank water goes IN somewhere, and the effluent comes OUT somewhere. Can anybody tell from the picture where to hook-up what?

p.s.
Also, what is a typical water flow rate to start off with? (120 tank, not too many stony's yet)

OK, I can't tell from the pic too much, but....

The CO2 usually goes into the bubble counter...
The tank water gets "pumped" in (so look for that kinda connection)
The effluent comes out the top....

I started with about 30 bubbles per minute, and tried to keep the effluent at around 6.5 - 6.8. The watch your alk and adjust accordingly. It can be a bit of a PIA to dial one in, but once you find the sweet spot, it's set it and forget it. (well, almost :eek:)

Hope this kinda helped.... :)

Look up that model reactor online they almost always have downloadable manuals. I had to do that with my koralina cal reactor

I've been searching for days now. Can't find a manual online anywhere.

I think the Co2 and tank-water meet and go in on the T connection at the bottom, and the effluent comes out of the top. -But that's just my guess.

... Can you take pics of the hose coming from T on the bottom? Kinda looks like it is attached to the bubble counter on the bottom.

My used version didn't come with the tubing. So, I must guess from the picture here too. I can't tell sh!t from this pic!

p.s.
-Thanks for the links, they answered lots of other questions that I had.

I ran one of those for close to 10 years....pm me...I'll let you know what you need to know....I may even have a manual kicking around..(but the thing is useless) I ended up contacting the mfg way back thru pm...his name was Bob Mankin... I'll send you his e-mail thru pm to ya...

B

Back