Does Selcon go bad?

Syris

FishboyBill
I recently added a yellow tang a couple weeks ago and now most of my fish have signs of ich especially my hippo tang. I have Selcon from about 1.5yr ago that i haven't been using but was thinking of using it now to help boost immune systems of the fish. Do you think Selcon can go bad?

TIA

There's no expiration date is there? I've gotten some pretty old stuff before (the bottle was very dusty) and it was fine.

Syris said:
I recently added a yellow tang a couple weeks ago and now most of my fish have signs of ich especially my hippo tang. I have Selcon from about 1.5yr ago that i haven't been using but was thinking of using it now to help boost immune systems of the fish. Do you think Selcon can go bad?

TIA
Yes it does. It settles at the bottom of the bottle & turns hard. Trying to mix it up doesn't help as you will always find hard particles in it.

Got home last night to find my new yellow tang stuck to a Seio M1100 intake. He didnt make it:(
Selcon didnt have any strong bad odors and mixed up well after shaking so I am using it for the other fish. I'll pu a new bottle once I am at a lfs again.
Thanx

I have wondered the same thing, I keep it in the refrig and shake well before using. My bottle is pretty old now but seems ok, it gets a little stringy at times.

Jim

Back