Emergency, Anyone have a reeflo hammerhead pump.

daves-reef

Non-member
My main pump died again. I need a pump or I will lose everything. Going out of town next week too.
Beg borrow but anyone with a reeflo hammerhead not in use please help.

So far looks like going to make it through. Have a pump arriving fedex today.
Stuff like this makes me think it probably time to get out of this hobby after 20 years.

Or reaffirms having back-up equipment! Sorry to hear you're thinking of giving it up. Hope you don't lose anything....(y)
The last 2 tanks I've built use 2 return pumps and have a check valve on each in case 1 fails. The check valves prevent head pressure from bleeding through a bad pump. This would also result in a notification from my Apex that return flow has fallen below set parameter. The ability to shut one down for maintenance and still have flow speaks for itself. This concept was the result of giving cheapo DC pumps a chance and not putting too much at risk in case of failure. 2 years and no failures of Jebao or any other often maligned brands. The savings in my electric bill is crazy! I'll never buy a regular AC style pump again!

So the last time pump went I had a backup on shelf. grabbed it and from sitting for years it was frozen.
This one is one that i bought from a member (Last emergency) who had it for years never used.
Didn't even last a year. Were the last one was 5 + more like 8.

Plan to get this one refurbed. If they will do it. Last one I sent was too old. Thought I could get at least year or 2 before needing a back up. pump just arrived. Will be installing shortly. Hoping I don't end up fighting pipe leaks. Have used teflon tape and teflon pipe dope. Waiting an hour or too (Have to work/meetings) for the dope to set a little.

My setup is basement sump with a long vertical and horizontal run. Don't really have any other option than reeflo AC pump. Other than drop current location and have tank somewhere else. Where I don't spend time. I have tried that in past and that never worked. (Gets neglected and whats use if its not in a room you spend time in.)

Back