fake decors

I know they have alot of the fake coral ones for salt water I would assume they would be safe for the long term in a tank. I know that Jay's has a bunchthey sell.

I have 1 fake coral in my seahorse tank. It is a large piece, Had it in the tank for about 6 months. The down side is I have to take a tooth brush to it every now and then it gets a slime one it.

Just make sure it says safe for saltwater. When I got my piece it said saltwater safe, BUT alot of the things said fresh water safe only..

Well I think one issue with decorations is that, assuming your system is healthy, they will get covered over in coralline algae. And I think you'd have to clean them almost daily or else it would start to grow in the nooks and crannies. And eventually it would win the war.

Well I think one issue with decorations is that, assuming your system is healthy, they will get covered over in coralline algae. And I think you'd have to clean them almost daily or else it would start to grow in the nooks and crannies. And eventually it would win the war.

that would be cool it would look like a real sunken ship becoming part of the reef

I would think a sunken ship covered in coraline would look pretty phat!

Yeah maybe. I just have a feeling eventually it would be overgrown with stuff and just look like a rock. But even then it might still look cool. And on the plus side, not many people do it, so it might be worth a try. It's always nice when people get creative and try new things.

Yeah maybe. I just have a feeling eventually it would be overgrown with stuff and just look like a rock. But even then it might still look cool. And on the plus side, not many people do it, so it might be worth a try. It's always nice when people get creative and try new things.

It would look like a rock but in the shape of a sunken ship. Kind of cool. ::

Back