fast growing sps??

madisonrose

Non-member
hello all
i was intrested in trying to put some sps in my tank
i am intrested in something that is fairly fast growing
i was thinking about some birdnest it looks pretty colorful
any other thoughts that could make me happy
i have a 250w 10k bulb in a tank 24" deep i would prefer to put it down towards the sandbed but can put it higher in the rock work with some rearranging
thanks

birdsnest would be good, green slimer (acropora yongei) would be another. I have both if you want either in Marlboro.

Mike

Monti's are vey fast growers. Millipora's also grow pretty fast there is a green/yellow milli floating around the group that grows like a weed.

Pocilliporars grow fairly fast. but be forwarned given the right circumstances they will spread throughout your system and start growing every where.

I have some red/orange cap that grows so fast I got it for free when I picked up some frags because they had so much lol.

I would also agree that birdsnest grows pretty fast. I've only had mine for 2 months at most and it's branching quite fast...

Second the pink birdsnest. Mine grows fast. Same for all the Monti digis. Peach, german blue, orange, purple tip, etc.

as long as your paramaters are right, and you have adequate light and water movement... most things should grow relatively fast...

but getting things in check to keep sps healthy isn't always an easy task... especially for someone who hasn't tried them before... (trust me i would know... i still can't keep the damn things happy)

Back