Favorite Reef Fish

41South

55 Gal, Reef and Fish
Hi all! Thanks to all of you for all of the help over the past couple of months. We're up, cycled, and adding our first fish tonight!

For some ideas I thought I would ask everyone what your top 3 favorite reef fish are...

Thanks!

I would have to say that positively every reefer in the world would have to list some type of clownfish as one of their favorites. Personally my favorite is my bluethroat trigger, yes he is reef safe, he likes his shrimp, but he is reef safe....

I'm not actually a huge clownfish fan, For me they will host where you don't want them to and anemones although beautiful can be a real PIA sometimes, but they can be a great addition.

Blennies, gobies, triggers.

so hard to pick , but seeing as its your first fish in the tank I would start out with something hardy and inexpensive. and be careful not to add a real aggressive fish first.

my top four reef fishes even though some arent suitable for a 55
is

sohal tang
blotched anthia
cross hatch trigger
blue spot jaw

Thank you!

These are great suggestions to work with!

I wish I could be at the meeting in Framingham to meet everyone! It is right down the street for me, but my wife and I are leading a youth retreat that weekend! Next time!

calm down with tangs guys its a 55. im with gina, wrasse"s (mine is a ornate leapord wrasse) jay had some beautifull black clowns yesterday

Back