Feb 2007 frag swap thread

Moe_K

Stabbed by Foulke
Next frag swap will be at the end of the February meeting.

There's another thread stuck to the top of Reef Talk with information on the date/time/location of the meeting. For details or questions, see that thread.

As usual, in the frag swap thread, please note what you're looking for and/or what you've got to trade.

Posting frags for sale here is okay, as long as you're just a hobbyist, and the frags will be at the meeting.

For new folks: a "frag" is a piece of coral. In this hobby we like to cut off pieces of coral and trade or sell them to others. We have a frag swap at the end of our monthly meetings.

To keep this thread as uncluttered as possible, if your post is not specifically about arranging a coral trade (or selling/buying), then start a new thread with the question or point. For example, if you want to know the best way to pack frags, please start a new thread.

Hopefully this frag swap thread will remain useful.

Note that if somebody starts a new thread about their frags available at the meeting (not within this thread), it will get moved to the appropriate Marketplace forum. Feel free to mention within this thread if you have a separate thread in the Coral forum.

Have fun. :)

Great just what I need, I will start:eek:

I am on the hunt specifically for a candy cane acan if anybody has one to frag for the meeting! Also will be looking to get more SPS again:eek:

Well, I really need to frag an overgrown GSP so I'll have plenty of GSP frags for the meeting - $5 or trade.

Looking for colorful acans/LPS

I am looking for a nice piece of Pink Birdsnest.... Bigger than your average frag.... Willing to pay more.

Scott

I'll have a couple (2) frags of branching frogspawn corals.
These will be free to newbies. Don't PM me. Just claim them here in this thread.

Only catch is you have to pay it forward - meaning you have to give frags away to new folks in the future (give away means free). Don't respond if you're not willing to give frags away.

Hi Moe, haven't paid my dues yet (doing it this week) and I will be attending my first meeting this month. I would love one of your frags and would be more than happy to share the wealth in the future. :D

Brown Polyps free to a newbie

7 Brown Polyps free to a newbie:) Same rules as Moe said above^^ and 1st to claim on thread.

Attachments

• Button Polyps.JPG
    Button Polyps.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 527
Last edited:
I will also have 2 FREE frags of unmounted orange Montipora capricornis. Same deal as above.
These frags are for newbies. If you're already getting a free frag from me, please don't ask for one of these frags. If you're not willing to give away free frags in the future, don't bother asking me for one.
Don't send me any kind of Private Message, just post here.

These are from Gustavo's tank. We broke off some cap late last night. These are decent, relatively easy, fast growing SPS corals.

Edit: Oh yeah, one last condition... you have to show me your valid BRS membership card at the meeting. :)

Moe, I would like an orange cap if it is available. I am more than willing to follow the stipulations that you have requested. And I do have a Valid BRS card:D .

Scott

Moe I will take the other orange cap. You or one of the other moderators have my BRS card. I left it at a meeting to get laminated and forgot about it. I haven't been in a while because of school.

I like Moe's "pay it forward" idea.
Same deal. Free frags for paid member, newbee's and you have to give frags to new people when your up and running. Orange Digita, green/white rim monti caps and yellow poylps. I have quite a few ,but please 1 frag per person. I will bring extra stuff to the meeting.

Back