Feb 2007 frag swap thread

newbie frags

I actually have one more frag free to a newbie.

Of course, I stole Moe's guidelines:D A lot of BRS people donated to me when I was new.

5 zoo polyps. orange center, green rim.

The brown polyps I have^^are actually more green than brown under good light.

Attachments

• zoo.JPG
    zoo.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
LOOKING FOR:

stuff for my new fuge,
chaeto, sponges, any other benificials for a fuge.
Fuge is separate tank from sump.
Inhabitants, porcupine puffer, 3" hermit, and sea turd/sand-sifting cuke.

Thanks,
Bob

Looking to for blastos, blue mushrooms, and neon green mushrooms!! Also looking for fire and ice and rasppberry zoos.

I should have a small unmounted frag of pink birdsnest from Gustavo's tank. Free to a BRS member at the meeting - must be willing to pay it forward.

Please don't send me any kind of PM about this one. Just post here. Thanks.

Birdsnest is an smallish stony coral. Needs strong lighting (VHO or better). Needs an algae free tank. Like most stony corals, if you give it strong water flow, it grows nice and thick. Will need calcium and carbonate supplements.

This is what an established colony looks like (pic from the web - not mine):
pinkbirdsnestmothercolony.jpg

Last edited:
Just wanted to add that I am also looking for a frag of gonipora. I would have really liked to get a frag of Bec's because it was tank raised but was not ready at the time.

Anybody got a red goni frag for the meeting?

Moe is trying to show me up with newbie free frags:D :p

LOOKING FOR:

stuff for my new fuge,
chaeto, sponges, any other benificials for a fuge.
Fuge is separate tank from sump.
Inhabitants, porcupine puffer, 3" hermit, and sea turd/sand-sifting cuke.

Thanks,
Bob

Bob if you want to make a trip to Grafton I can help you out stocking your fuge.:)

Just wanted to add that I am also looking for a frag of gonipora. I would have really liked to get a frag of Bec's because it was tank raised but was not ready at the time.

Anybody got a red goni frag for the meeting?

Moe is trying to show me up with newbie free frags:D :p

Hey Tom - I can probably get you a fresh cut piece of goni (mine is the same color as Bec's, but mine was a wild colony that I've fragged a few times). I'll cut it next week and let you know. It will probably be about $25.

Daire

Ok Daire let me know if it goes ok. I am also really looking forward to the other frag I am getting from you. That is my frag of the month:)

I was able to get a few frags of the purple monti - not as big as I hoped - it's a very brittle cap. So the price will be less than I told you - how does $15 sound? But don't worry, it's a super fast grower.:)

That is great Daire. I really love that coral! Maybe I can mount them together. That is funny because from pics it does not look brittle because it is thick.

I know - it's deceiving. If you saw my original picture when I put it in the tank - I broke it in 2 or 3 places because it was so brittle. But I just glued them together and they grew into one large piece. I can bring you a couple of pieces and you can try the same thing. The goni is easy to frag so I'll definitely be able to get one of those for you.

Daire

I actually have one more frag free to a newbie.

Of course, I stole Moe's guidelines:D A lot of BRS people donated to me when I was new.

5 zoo polyps. orange center, green rim.

The brown polyps I have^^are actually more green than brown under good light.

I'd love one of those zoo polyps if you have any left. Just started my first tank a month ago!

Sorry Ewing I am out of the free zoos but I do have free greenish/brown button polyps you can have.

Back