filtration

mcf6188

Non-member
hi all besides a skimmer what do you all use for filtration for your tanks. now i have a sump with 3 baffles in one i have charcoal . i would like to put more in .any suggestions . thanks

Live rocks are the key of filtration. I packed my sumps with live rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yer you do dong i have seen it many times ,,, maybe i should pick up more live rock i will bring a bucket ok

There are a lot of tools for different kinds of filtration jobs:

* Filter Socks/Sponges - mechanical filtration, must be changed regularly
* Live Rock/Sand - provides growth media for nitrifying bacteria (exports/processes ammonia through nitrogen cycle)
* Protein Skimming - nutrient export via foam fractionation (exports nitrates and other nutrients)
* Activated Carbon - binds dissolved organic compounds and polishes the water (best in a media reactor)
* Granular Ferric Oxide (GFO) - binds phosphate (best in a media reactor)

I run all of these in our sumps, but you should consider what the problem is you're trying to solve and find a solution to match it.

I have 10 liters of siporax in my second chamber of my sump for additional biological. I have the rings arranged in neat columns in an egg crate rack I made. This maximizes water flow and makes it easy to pull out and rinse off if any detritus that does accumulate.

I have s Rollermat & an algae scrubber
d16890db6d4e822a42a1d375f921e057.jpg
547480834333ef56bc3e633bf43cbfcb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back