Finally finished my bookshelf!!!

American Flyer

Non-member
I finally finished my bookshelf tank. The tank is a custom made glasscages.com tank with a starfire front panel. It is drilled with two 1.5" holes with schedule 80 bulkheads. The system is very simple: 50 gallon tank, 3 hydor koralia 4s (2 on timers), 1 small generic powerhead, ASM G2 skimmer, submersible return pump, PC lighting (3 x 97 watt and 1 actinic). Media: Lots of LR in display and in sump, chaeto in sump, crushed coral substrate for looks only. I opted out of deep sandbed as I run lightly stocked and perform weekly water changes. Livestock: Scopas tang, ocellaris, six-line wrasse, cleaner shrimp, 15 assorted snails, 1 small scarlet hermit. Corals: Green star polyps, yellow polyps, red mushrooms, toadstool, colt coral, which hosts the ocellaris. I hope you all enjoy the pictures. This is like the tank of the month for me and I used all of the ideas and advice from all of the experience gained from reading and receiving advice from this forum. I am having a micro bubble problem so if anyone has any advice based on what you see in the pictures please fire away!

I am going to attach additional pictures in a few posts. Please excuse the quality of the pictures as I shot them with a little pocket camera.

Attachments

• phpCO1r7XPM.jpg
    phpCO1r7XPM.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 306
  • phpCuToosPM.jpg
    phpCuToosPM.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 299
More photos of the bookshelf and filtration

Pictures of the shelf and the plumbing. Go easy on the criticism, I am an accountant.

Attachments

• phpOqkQD2PM.jpg
    phpOqkQD2PM.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 304
  • phpKf9aBKPM.jpg
    phpKf9aBKPM.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 293
  • php7ST2qcPM.jpg
    php7ST2qcPM.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 302
  • php35O8fkPM.jpg
    php35O8fkPM.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 292
Livestock

A few more

Attachments

• phpHpE7UtPM.jpg
    phpHpE7UtPM.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 304
  • phpIyILSEPM.jpg
    phpIyILSEPM.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 303
  • phpS9vRrRPM.jpg
    phpS9vRrRPM.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 306
  • phpSDJynWPM.jpg
    phpSDJynWPM.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 300
Just in case you haven't seen a six-line wrasse or the very rare and exotic yellow polyp coral...

Attachments

• phpUXQZgOPM.jpg
    phpUXQZgOPM.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 291
  • phpTLQKOWPM.jpg
    phpTLQKOWPM.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 294
  • php92Z497PM.jpg
    php92Z497PM.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 292
  • phpl0Nn8ePM.jpg
    phpl0Nn8ePM.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 295
The kids are very upset that a TV was not put in there! It is actually my home office so I don't feel guilty. Besides, my 6 year old daughter actually helped with the plumbing!

The enitire unfinished portion of the basement is the fish room. I like the nice open space as I don't have any humidity or temperature issues. It will also help to keep everything cool in the summer.

Back