First tank photo post.

jacqur

This is why I don't surf.
First tank pic post for me.

I plan on picking up a new camera shortly - which is long overdue. I've decided to learn how to take decent photos as one of my new year resolutions. More specifically - I will be giving up taking bad photos.

P1010004-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple more.

P1010003-1.jpg

That little monster on the left has been with me for 6+ years, as has the little Squamosa in the center of the reef.

P1010002.jpg

These photos are about 3 months old. I'll be posting some more recent ones once I get a new camera.

BEAUTIFUL! can you say TOTM? wow, I really love your tank, alot. Nice array or color! what is that large coral on the left... galaxia, fogspawn?

btw: your pictures are great

Last edited:
Bill - Thanks for the kind words. How have you been?

Scott G - The tank is 125 AGA.

Fanaglethebagle/MAreefer - That little creature is a run of the mill Euphyllia Divisa.... aka Frogspawn. Had 3 branches when I got it - could have easily fit in the palm of your hand back then.

Updated shot 1-1-07

Tanks been up over 6 years. Originally mostly softies, a few LPS and a BTA that split so many times it over ran half the tank with anemones.

Here's a picture I took this afternoon with my brothers camera. A bit better than my camera but still not what I'm looking for.

DSC00027Fulltank1-1-07.jpg

Thanks Matt.

That was a Sony DSC-S85.

I was thinking about getting the Pentax K100D. It's a digital SLR that Wired magazine rated as the best of the digital SLRs it tested in October? I found a really good price online at RitzCamera. $450 with a 18-55mm lens included. It's only 6.1 MP but I've been reading that this is plenty and more pixels isn't always better based on the image capturing sensor being the limiting factor, and some pixel size stuff.

I'm really pretty clueless so any advice would be much appreciated. I'm really looking to take photos like you, Minh, and the other wizards on here.

Your tank is awesome!!

What kind of camera are you looking at getting? An SLR? I just upgraded my camera to the Pentax K100D and I'm thrilled with the pictures. I don't have to photoshop them to death to get the real colors. I mainly went with pentax though because I have some other lenses from my old film camera.

BTW: Thats funny about the BTA...remember you practically gave me 2 of them when I first started? Well, I left for 5 months and came back to 6 of them in my tank!

Sorry about the long post...

Chantel -

I do remember selling you a couple anemones when you were first starting out. I think at one point I had over 20 of them. I still have one in my frag tank - just couldn't bear to get rid of the last one.

So you have a Pentax K100D. What do you think? It has got some really great reviews and seems pretty affordable compared to the competition. How bout sharing some pics?
I have been comparing it to a Cannon Rebel EOS and it seems to be a better fit for me.

Very nice Rob! You make me want to get off my a$% and post some pics :p.

Back