First tank photo post.

Updated tank photo 4/25

Photography skills still as bad as ever. But here is a tank photo update. Some growth over the past 4 months. A bit of a battle with water chemistry getting out of whack, colors are just starting to return to normal.

DSC00056-1.jpg
DSC00055-1.jpg

Pics look great dude!!!!
BTW, the nuclear green tree coral frag is close to the same size as your colony now, it grows like a weed!!!!!!

WOW is all I can say
some day I gotta come out there and see this in person it is trully awesome
absolutley love the fact that it is also a mixed reef

also, only 175 watt halides,just goes to show its not all about blasting corals with light.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Dawn - you are always welcome to stop by,
Liam - appreciate your observation very much. Also have 2 140W VHO URI actinics,
Gina - thank you.
Steve - that is a frogspawn. Been with me 6 years as of last fall. Grew out from a 3 head frag.

Stay tuned, I'm going to try and post some photos of Male/female/confused leopard wrasses.

Last edited:
Leopard wrasses

Ok - here is my first attempt at some fish photos. I know they are bad, but wanted to show the difference in male and female Leopard wrasses.

1st photo - female Macropharyngodon Bipartitus.

femaleBipartitus.jpg

2nd photo - Male Macropharyngodon Bipartitus. Same species, promise. This pair came from Lourdes, and I saw them when they were both female or juvenile, and post morph. I have been told the entire transformation took just a few days. (Thanks Lou). Great photos available on page 144 of the Rudie Kutier wrasse book.

Malebipartitus.jpg

3rd photo - Female Macropharyngodon Negrosesis.

femalenegrosensis.jpg

4th Photo - largest female transforming into a male. I acquired these 2 leopards and a third not in photo from Reefnroll. (Thanks Bec) All had roughly similar coloration. The largest began a transformation about 2 months ago. Unlike the Bipartitus' above, this transformation is much slower. Particularly after eating, the Maleish one gets a very pronounced coloration, with a white belly, green face, blue highlight on the anal fin.. (Almost exactly like picture J, on page 147 of the Rudie Kutier wrasse book. I can't sem to get a good photo because he's on the chase.

Malenegrosensis.jpg

Are those black leopard wrasses? I have one, they're such awesome fish! Full of personality.

Love the Bipartitus pair!

(BTW, the frag looks great!)

Thanks Matt and Tom. I've been experimenting with my brothers Sony DSC-S85. Also trying a bit of Photoshop. I'm not too proud to admit it.;)

Here is an actinic shot from tonight.

DSC00074.jpg

Back