Fl rics anyone?

jovreef said:
not really sure about the weather thing... but I guess I can live with going from "its so hot I cant leave the house" to "its so cold I cant leave the house"

Hahaha ...oh boy. I almost fell off my chair laughing at this. jov..you say that now, but wait untill you experience the New England winter, you may just move back to FL.

NateHanson said:
. . . preferably in an area without tall buildings. :p

No use avoiding them... in Florida a broken flag pole can come from anywhere... in the middle of a hurricane :D

Nuno

dedfish said:
Hahaha ...oh boy. I almost fell off my chair laughing at this. jov..you say that now, but wait untill you experience the New England winter, you may just move back to FL.

Oh yes... I grew up in South FL, and I'll tell you... I dream about FL come February every single year and curse myself over and over... then Spring/Summer/Fall hits and it's all good and I'm happy again. :)

I would love some ric too, Jovana, but it appears you've got your hands full, so maybe another time. :)

Melody~

I would love some ric too, Jovana, but it appears you've got your hands full, so maybe another time.

I second Melody's sentiments.....but Welcome to the BRS!

Craig

i'f you can't find blue for me thats ok give to someone else who really wants it but i will take any other color but green
thanks again
tina

OK Jovana :)
here is a little taste to get you to think about New England
( my aunt sent it to me awhile ago when she moved to Florida :) )

>If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36
inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping it will swim by, you
might live in New England.

>If you're proud that your region makes the national news 96 nights
each
year because Mt. Washington is the coldest spot in the nation, and
Boston
gets more snow than any other major city in the US, you live in New
England.

>If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you
live in New England.

>If you instinctively walk like a penguin for six months out of the
year, you live in New England.

>If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance, and they
don't work there, you live in New England.

>If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you live in New
England.

>If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who
dialed a wrong number, you live in New England.

>YOU KNOW YOU ARE A NEW ENGLANDER WHEN: "Vacation" means going anywhere
south of New York City for the weekend. You measure distance in hours.

>You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.

>You have switched from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day, and back
again.

>You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard
without flinching.

>You install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both
unlocked.
>
>You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend/wife knows
how to use them.

>You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

>Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with
snow.

>You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road
construction

>Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your
blue spruce.

>Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.

>You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.

>You find 10 degrees "a little chilly

Last edited:
skyedolphan said:
>If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance, and they
don't work there, you live in New England.

>You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard
without flinching.

These two are my favorites. I've done both. I've helped plenty of people in HD. Including some people trying to decide between the green plastic and the blue plastic (both clear acrylic with colored protective coverings that you remove).

Sure try to scare me into not moving :( then none of you will get your cheap ricorida! j/k Well we'll see, if I make it one winter I think I'm good.

I almost fell off my seat laughing at the acrylic comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the overwhelming responce for ricordia's. I think I'm going to have to limit the blues and pinks to 1 per person... I'm sorry but I want to be fair to everyone that wants some. If I have or find extra then I'll sell as many as you want.

In that case, put me down for 1 of each please, except for the green. Have you ever spent a winter around here? I think you are in for a real treat! :D Welcome to the area and good luck carrying all those rics!!!! Thanks in advance......

Ok so I went to the fish stores today to check out the Ric's avalible, I picked up some orange, purple and 1 pink. They have plenty of teals right now at one store also so if anyone is interested in teal let me know. they are getting a large shipment in next week with reds in it also...never seen those (no those are not $10 per polyp)

Also in regards to shipping these out in state, does anyone do shipping in state now? It should be the same as FL for shipping right? in state it's $10-15 overnight, do you think heat packs will be needed by the end of the month? If anyone wants to save on shipping and pick them up local let me know, I'm moving to medford...I'll give directions if anyone needs them. You can pick up starting on the week of july 4th, I should be there all week unpacking and such.

Here is the list so far, please let me know if you are serious about buying so I can purchase them from the shipment next week. Let me know if I have your request right also. E-mail me for corrections, adding your name, or deleting it, and payment & shipping arragements. nosnrequired40 (at) netzero.com

JenC = are you interested? you said mabye one each?
Troubleman =1 blue, 1 pink, and 1 orange
Richard = 2 purple, 2 blue, and 1 pink? or 2?
Tboisvert = 1 blue, 1 pink, 1 orange
Atila = 1 green, 1 blue, 1 pink, 1 purple, 1 orange
Paine43 = 1 blue or 1 of any color but green?
gordonzoo =1 blue, 1 pink, 1 orange
starfish = 2 purple, 2 blue, 2 pink
lauraD = 1 purple, 1 orange, 1 blue, 1 pink
agent6473 =1 blue, 1 purple
toomanyfish = 1 green, 1 blue, 1 orange, 1 purple, 1 pink
penguinsix = 1 blue
skinpuppi = pm sent

kevin mcg and reefer medic I dont know what you want by your posts so if you want to be added please let me know what you want.

Back