Ann. Generators

BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
Woke up this morning to a powered outage. Make sure y'all have your generators ready. Got dressed and made my way out to the cold garage to find the genny and cord. Pulled the string a dozen or so times and nothing. Backs smoked, but got it up and running. Apparently, the local PD left a message on the machine and said due to the wind storms out west, be prepared for interrupted power until Friday.

--Happy Reefing

Glad you got it running Paul, I tested mine last weekend. Got a bad feeling about this winter especially with the news of yahoos shooting up power generation facilities.

Got 20g of fresh gas too and the battery back ups charged as well.

Hondas are hard to beat. Great advice to be sure it runs though.......
I had the pull start rope on my EU2000 break. I sat there stunned. I fixed it, but what a project, like a puzzle hahaha!
I'm done with gas power as a backup though. Investigate real battery backup with what's currently being used in solar systems. What charges the battery doesn't matter but the storage capacity does. Not cheap but nothing in this hobby is...... and your lights will go out at some point. Seems silly just to wait till it happens. Hope you didn't lose anything in your tanks.

Woke up this morning to a powered outage. Make sure y'all have your generators ready. Got dressed and made my way out to the cold garage to find the genny and cord. Pulled the string a dozen or so times and nothing. Backs smoked, but got it up and running. Apparently, the local PD left a message on the machine and said due to the wind storms out west, be prepared for interrupted power until Friday.

--Happy Reefing
Thank you Paul

Back