glass cages ?

JenC

UGH!!
I have been looking at the coffee tables on class cages... What do you guys think? I assume I can only keep fish... also How do I hook up a heater, power heads, filter etc. so I don't have wires running everywhere? I think it would look sweet but not sure its possible LMK thanks Jen

I don't know Jen, how thick is it made? I could see it getting kicked often.

EDIT: Oh, they are on top. I don't like the description it gives of how you can heat the tank.

" Heat can be provided with a light bulb in the stand and shinning thru the glass post. Airlines can also be run up thru the post."

Seems very limiting but that is just my observation.

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking!! But!!!!!!!!!! It would look sweet... To much of a risk ha? I was thinking just a bunch of clown fish and some rock... but I don't want algae and what not... sad to say maybe it wont work....

Now that would be awesome!! I could watch Fire shrimp, cleaner shrimp and all crittersw all day long!!! Do you think I would need a filter?

But even with that some maintenance is needed. How do you get in the tank? The glass top comes off?

How heavy is it? Just some things I would want to find out.

The glass top lifts up. Tom you are being realistic... Greg you are going with my heart..... I am going to have to contact them and get more info than they have provided. Thanks to the both of you!!

Glad I could help in some way. It is a cool idea. FWIW, I am sure that some handy people could mod this, get a sump under there, and have you rolling with a reef.

Oh!! LOL:eek:

Well then it would be even more money to mod. A regular ol square standard tank can provide enough potential for problems. I mean come on, we fill a glass box with rock and water?? You really want to make it harder? What about for a cofee table? They get dirty and they need cleaning! Imagine not being able to use windex because you are worried about it seeping below. So you will have a nice alage covered coffee table with a dirty top! Plus, whatever you think it will cost, double it. How is the coffee table now? For what you would spend you could get a complete nice upgrade from someone on BRS...Come on Jen, get real!

Is that better:D

Last edited:
I just sent them an email... I hope to hear from them soon... I will let you know what I find out... Thanks still lmao

Tom Dont start!!! I would be all for that as well. I am addicted to that stupid web cam.... and now I truly want to go!! Maybe I should save my $ for a trip

NICE! Buy the coffee table, have it modded and make it an awesome reef! All you need is a little square in the top of the glass to add 250's! Then you will have an awesome coffee table SPS reef! Can you say unique TOTM:)

Then you can fly to Africa, and bring home a cute baby monkey that will sit on the new coffee table!

Hey, while you are there, I heard you can get a new Mercedes real cheap if you know the right people....I can give you a name:eek:

Ok, now I am really done. I am very sorry. I am to tired that is the problem I have to go to bed.:D

I've seen these types of tanks before in the Skymall rag on an airplanes and thought they'd be cool but there's one problem - The glass top is going to get covered with salt spray not unlike covers on HQI fixtures, only the table-top glass is even closer to the water. Even just normal tank humidity and evaporation is going to cloud up the bottom of that glass sheet. I think something like this is more suited for a lizard tank or something without water in it.

"The water goes right up to the surface of the glass so no air gap so no salt creep."

But the glass top is removable - how does it not leak?

Back