Hair Turf or Normal Green

bfree

Non-member
This stuff is taking over the left hand side of the tank, I am sure its normal and time will help just curious on what kind it is since my blenny dont like it and neither does the hermits or the turbos, anyone know what kind it is?

Attachments

• hairy1.jpg
    hairy1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 123
  • hairywithblenny.jpg
    hairywithblenny.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 116
The one on the bottom left looks like hair algae. The one on the right could be bryopsis. Hard to tell from those pics. Can you post a bigger pic??

Look here.

Yup, If you see feathery tips it's most likely Byropsis, if no feathery tips then Derbesia. They can occur together also.

Either way, that's growing like crazy since I saw the tank. (which is perfectly normal in a ner system). If you can pull the rock(s) it's on out, do so and scrub it with a tooth brush and rinse in saltwater. The snails should be working on it, but if you knock back the big tufts of it they will be a lot more effective.

It close to being on every rock at this point on the left side of the tank, they do look like little feathers, gah the rocks work would be a major pain to move, they look like lots of green feathers, thin and wave green feathers.

Attachments

• P1010793.jpeg
    P1010793.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Yeah it is pretty much on every single rock in there now, doh, even the main shelftype piece is covered in it in the back and starting to move forward

Back