hello...new here

Scott

Non-member
Hi.

Just signed up. Found this place thanks to a recommendation from my local pet shop.

I've got a 20L tank that I've been working on since the beginning of March of this year. I'll attach a picture.

It's a wide shot and tough to see everything. Roughly left to right, you'll see a green hammer coral, a clown (yes, "Nemo", I've got a 10 yo daughter on the naming committee), Zoanthids, Bansai Cardinal, Open Brain Coral, green star polyps, button polyps. And of course a bunch of snails and hermits and a peppermint shrimp. Front-left is the hermit crab swap meet where they regularly try on new shells.

I've got a few questions to which I've been looking for some answers, but I'll leave it at this for now.

Nice to be here.

Attachments

• tank-20070520.jpg
    tank-20070520.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 461
Welcome! Ask anything you want. You can also search the forum for stuff and folks are ALWAYS happy to chime in.

Is this your first tank? How long have you been in the hobby? What sorts of things do you like?

Welcome! Ask anything you want. You can also search the forum for stuff and folks are ALWAYS happy to chime in.
thank you, and yes I have been searching around.

Is this your first tank? How long have you been in the hobby? What sorts of things do you like?
This is my first salt water tank, which puts me in the hobby for just a few months.

It's all very new to me still, but based on looking around and talking to people at the fish store, online, etc., I really find the LPS corals the most interesting.

Welcome to the BRS! Lets talk about lights. When I was a beginner, I thought a light was a light and killed some corals and such because of it. Just brain storming for ya, but with the hammer and brain corals, would hate for you to make the mistake I did.

>> lights

Sure, I've got a 65W Power Compact (50/50) and just this afternoon added a 36W T5 w/ 10,000k/03 Actinic

20L tank, so that's 5-6W/gal.

All under the guidance of my local pet store.

Back