Hello!

rwjfish

Non-member
Good morning all.

I have been lurking on the forum for a while now, but hadn't subscribed immediately.

My name is Rudy, have been in the "fish" hobby practically my entire life.
My father was a "pond enthusiast". As I grew up, we always had multiple ponds in our backyard.

at some point in my late teen years I took over this interest, built a very large Koi/Sturgeon pond, and added some freshwater tanks to the mix.
this then further evolved in me starting my first saltwater tank back in 2008. I have been in the Saltwater hobby ever since, with an occasional fresh-water tank here and there...

At this moment I live in Southern New Hampshire, but my girlfriend and I just purchased a farm in southern Massachusetts, which we will move into within 4 weeks.

Not exactly Boston-area, but close enough to participate, I hope!

At this moment I have a 120 gallon setup in the NH house. It has been setup for approximately 1.5 years and probably will be loads of fun to Move over to the new house!

My goal is to set the new place up "right", in time. We will move the 150 into the basement, probably re-do the floors on the first floor and then set up a larger tank, to transfer the 120's contents to.. Ultimately, I hope to have 2 large display tanks, one for the reef, one for the larger/more aggressive fish.

Rudy,

Welcome and seems you have a good reason to start attending meetings. I am also a two tank fan as most of the fish I like are not reef safe. looking forward to seeing you at the meetings.,

B.

Ditto! I failed to mention this, but before I moved to New Hampshire even, I lived in Rochester NY, which had a VERY active reef-club (URS). I sincerely miss the interactions with fellow SW enthusiasts, but knowing the NH home wasn't going to be permanent, i never quite bothered getting anything going there.

Are there many people from southern Mass on these boards?

Welcome Aboard! Check out the forum header for local meetings, speakers and DIY events. This month we are holding a newbie class to get members started with the basics. We also have quite a few young members in the club whom are starting out as well and have been in the hobby for close to a couple of years now.

Our meetings do move around the New England Areas... So hopefully we will see at one.

Good Luck!

Back