HELP!! ID'ing my fish disease

Snidgetless

Non-member
So slowly over time my fish have been getting these white spots on their body. I really really really don't think its ich, i have even treated the tank for ich as well as for parasitic infections. Nothing is getting rid of these white spots, and now they have moved their way onto the eyes of my puffer and lionfish. The puffer has about 50 on his fins, and a bunch on both eyes... the lionfish has them speckeled all over his body and fins and has now made its way to his eyes. I don't know what to do, they are too small for me to get a good picture of, and nothing seems to get rid of them. Has anyone had anything like this in the past? Any idea what it could be? I would even be willing to pay for gas if there is an expert willing to drive to Reading who can identify these types of ailements. My guys are slowly losing their appetite....

The puffer no, not at all. The lionfish every now and then will be sticking his head out of the water. But technically they have had these spots now for well over two months. I thought ich was a pretty fast acting disease? Only the puffer and lionfish have these, no one else in the tank is affected. All the ich medication i add has done nothing to get rid of these small white spots.

I have been delaying using copper based medication for the sole reason of when i one day sell the tank i want the possibility of it being used as a reef. I am correct that if i use a copper based medication the tank will never be able to be used as a reef, even years down the road? Also, is the copper based medication more effective then the reef safe stuff? Nothing i have done seems to make a dent on getting rid of these small spots.

Last edited:
Heh, i conceeded and went with ich... hence my other thread. So i posted my new plan of attack and am waiting on responses.

Back