Hi Everyone! Im New To The Brs

jcallesano

Non-member
Morning,

The Name Is Joe, Im 24, Imoved From Nh About A Year Ago And Im From Ny Originally. I Work Full Time As And Architect And Go To School Full Time Pursuing My Masters In Architecture.

Ive Always Been A Fan Of Salt Water Tanks And The Hobby But Could Never Get My Self To Go Ahead And Start. Jsut Recently I Bought A Small Nano And Im On My Way. Tank Is All Set Up And Has Live Sand, Live Rock, Shrimp And Crabs In It. All Water Parameters Are Normal So Far. The Death Of A Cleaner Shrimp Put Me On My Toes But I Think That Is The Trial And Error Part. I Will Post Exactly What Happened In Another Post. I Get All My Supplies From Skiptons Pet Store, On Mass Ave.

Although Im New, I Do Expect And Will Accept Constructive Criticism. I Want To Tak In Everything I Can From The Knowledgeable Ppl Of The Brs.

Thank You Guy/girls, Pleasure To Meet You.

Joe Callesano

Welcome Joe!

It's addicting. You will be buying a bigger tank in no time. I started with a 46 gallon. I just bought a 90 and I am sure I will buy a bigger one eventually.

Everyone here is great. I am new too and everyone here is more then willing to help when we have questions. Everyone is new at some point.

:w

thanks bud. I truely am excited, kinda embarrasing but I think its ok when you truely enjoy soemthing....who knows things could change and I could hate it, but prolly not : ). my GF hates it though, i spend more time paying attention to the tank and researching things and visting the pet store then I spent time with her. ahaha she'll live

Welcome! FYI there is an Introduction thread this should've been posted too. (Mods may move it).

I've been on this forum since I started 2 years ago and I wouldnt know half the stuff I know now without the great ppl on here. Many knowledgable ppl that can help a beginner start out. Just beware when starting, there is many ways of doing things and I'm sure you'll hear all sides! :)

Welcome....but are you sure you really want to do this? It's really a blackhole for your money. :)

Welcome....but are you sure you really want to do this? It's really a blackhole for your money. :)

Come on man, your supossed to encourage me not make me think twice bud. I think ive already spent enough to realize what i got myself into : )
cant wait to get established and really get going

Come on man, your supossed to encourage me not make me think twice bud. I think ive already spent enough to realize what i got myself into : )
cant wait to get established and really get going

LOL...I told myself many times that I'm done with buying new stuffs and just last night I spent a bunch on frags. Even with a fully packed tank.

I can only imagine what I will do . Im a conpulsive buyer as it is. .obvioulsy the tank was one. I bought a PS3 not too long ago...im BAAAAAAD oh well lifes too short not to spend money and play with fish ; )

Thats an understatement. lol. I just got my $900 light yesterday for my tank. :) I can now get a sunburn in my living room. lol

good light is worth the investment IMO. You don't limit your choices of corals and its a one time expense (hopefully)

Do tell (what did ya get?).

I am afraid to tell cause I am afraid of negative reviews. lol

Well money was an issue and it was a stretch to get into a MH fixture. I bought an outer orbit fixture. It got decent reviews. It had the 250w that I wanted and the T5's. And I wanted an all in one unit that I could sit on my tank. Because of the ceiling above my tank being 12' and angled, I cant really hang pendants. Plus it is an HQI which I read was better. Hopefully I am right. So far its good, except the fans are a bit noisy. Don't know if there is another fan combo I can put in it.

I got it for a good price, plus I got 10% off of it so it brought it down to under $750 after discounts. So it started at $900, but I paid less

Morning,

The Name Is Joe, Im 24, Imoved From Nh About A Year Ago And Im From Ny Originally. I Work Full Time As And Architect And Go To School Full Time Pursuing My Masters In Architecture.

Ive Always Been A Fan Of Salt Water Tanks And The Hobby But Could Never Get My Self To Go Ahead And Start. Jsut Recently I Bought A Small Nano And Im On My Way. Tank Is All Set Up And Has Live Sand, Live Rock, Shrimp And Crabs In It. All Water Parameters Are Normal So Far. The Death Of A Cleaner Shrimp Put Me On My Toes But I Think That Is The Trial And Error Part. I Will Post Exactly What Happened In Another Post. I Get All My Supplies From Skiptons Pet Store, On Mass Ave.

Although Im New, I Do Expect And Will Accept Constructive Criticism. I Want To Tak In Everything I Can From The Knowledgeable Ppl Of The Brs.

Thank You Guy/girls, Pleasure To Meet You.

Joe Callesano

:w To the boards Joe, Nice to see you finally got your feet wet!!!

I had a SWFO for over 10 years before going Full blown reef....(that was about nine years ago!!!)...Man I'm getting old!!!:p

Anyway....any questions fire away...Many of the people are here to help!!! (just take everything with a grain of salt in the hobby!!!) no pun intended...;)

Whatever steps you take foward in the hobby...make them slow....Slow is the key to success!!

HTH,
B

Last edited:
Back