Homebrew-Fest Saturday October 6th at my place (Worcester)

stevenp

(not so) Young MC
Brown Mild and American Pale Ale on tap. Starts at 5pm. I'm going to try smoking a turkey and maybe some ribs. I'm still new to the whole smoking thing so no promises on the outcome :rolleyes:

PM for details if you're interested.

Last edited:
I'm planning on making 'garbage can turkey' instead of doing it on the smoker. Any of you guys ever tried this before? I heard it's 'da bomb, yo!

In a nut shell, you mount the bird on a steak in the ground, cover it with an inverted steel trash can, then cover the trash can with charcoal. Takes 2-3 hours. It smokes/pressure cooks the bird at about 600F.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/garbage-can-turkey/detail.aspx

The real challenge appears to be finding a 20lb+ bird this time of year... I might see if my butcher can order one for me.

We were going to try to bring some meat to grill up as well.

dont get all the food this time too, i will pick up some meat to cook!

Sounds good. I don't have anything planned for the grill so it's open for whatever.

Maybe I'll just do a medium size bird (~15lb) since I'm smoking ribs too, along with what ever you guys bring to throw in the grill. Doesn't sound like anyone is going to go home hungry :)

In a nut shell, you mount the bird on a steak in the ground, cover it with an inverted steel trash can, then cover the trash can with charcoal. Takes 2-3 hours. It smokes/pressure cooks the bird at about 600F.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/garbage-can-turkey/detail.aspx

The real challenge appears to be finding a 20lb+ bird this time of year... I might see if my butcher can order one for me.

That is too funny! Sounds like a great idea! Make sure you burn of the galvanization in the trashcan first (according to the site).

I might try and make a couple of torches and show you guys some Fire-Eating. All depends on the Wind... When you eat fire, the wind is NOT your friend (For obvious reasons)!

Scott

Last edited:
I might try and make a couple of torches and show you guys some Fire-Eating.

No way... that would be awesome! I checked the weather forecast and it looks like it's going to be calm, so you'd better go get your knife and start widdleing some torches dammit!! :D

Back