Homebrew-Fest Saturday October 6th at my place (Worcester)

I will try and aquire the necessities before then... Cotton thread, Cotton batting, Metal Skewers, and ronsonol lighter fluid. Hopefully won't be a problem. Haven't done it in a while. Make sure the camera batteries are charged!

Scott

I will try and aquire the necessities before then... Cotton thread, Cotton batting, Metal Skewers, and ronsonol lighter fluid. Hopefully won't be a problem. Haven't done it in a while. Make sure the camera batteries are charged!

Scott

How come this doesn't sound like a very good idea to me???:eek:

awww..come on... it has only been about 8 years since the last time I did it:D. However, I won't be doing any dragon blasts. I think I am too old and too sane to ever do those again!

Scott

DRAGON BLASTS!! Whooo-Hooo!!

We believe in you, Scott!

Sometimes you just have to take 8 years to regain your composure so you can get back on the horse and show it who's boss :) :D

\
Sometimes you just have to take 8 years to regain your composure so you can get back on the horse and show it who's boss :) :D

You think that will fit on my tombstone?:D:D

We will see how I feel saturday night. I am actually pretty excited about doing this again!

Scott

Steve, has that woodpile been depleted?
I got a hankering to make a fire!

Scott, I'll bring a video camera. :D

I'll bring a strawberry pseudochromis for the BBQ.

LOL... I don't think you have to worry about that. I don't have that much guts... Just normal fire-eating tricks.

Scott

OK guys.... I've got good news and bad news...

Good News:
1) I found a 20g galvanized trash can for the bird, which I properly seasoned in the fire pit tonight.
2) After a long search, I finally found a 20lb bird (quite a challenge well before Thanksgiving).
3) I did my second trial run on smoked ribs today and I think I've got the process down pat!

Bad News:
Both of the beers I have on tap didn't turn out that great. The Brown Mild has a bit of a grainy flavor and the American Pale has a wicked bad alcohol/fruit flavor. You're more than welcome to drink them to your hearts desire, but again they're not that great.

I'm going to pick up a 30 pack of Lite for back up, and I encourage you all to bring a beer of your choice.

OK guys.... I've got good news and bad news...

Good News:
1) I found a 20g galvanized trash can for the bird, which I properly seasoned in the fire pit tonight.
2) After a long search, I finally found a 20lb bird (quite a challenge well before Thanksgiving).
3) I did my second trial run on smoked ribs today and I think I've got the process down pat!

Bad News:
Both of the beers I have on tap didn't turn out that great. The Brown Mild has a bit of a grainy flavor and the American Pale has a wicked bad alcohol/fruit flavor. You're more than welcome to drink them to your hearts desire, but again they're not that great.

I'm going to pick up a 30 pack of Lite for back up, and I encourage you all to bring a beer of your choice.

Hey Steve,
Not a problem for me...
1. I don't drink.
2. I go for the company!

I am having a little trouble finding stuff needed for the torches. I have not given up though. Tomorrow, I am off to Joanne Fabrics for cotton. I have to make sure that it is exactly the right stuff or the fumes will knock me on my butt! Funny, I am eating fire and I am worried about the fumes :D:D

Scott

Scott, don't give up the search!

What specifically are you looking for? We have a craft store down the street. I can check there if you want.

Don't worry, I am not giving up! I am looking for 100% pure cotton that has not been treated with any chemicals. It also has to have the right consistency with is basically based on feel. If the consistency of the cotton is off, it makes manipulating the flame MUCH harder and more dangerous. The objective is to allow the cotton to completely absorb the lighter fluid so that it ONLY burns the lighter fluid fumes. If the cotton begins to burn, it will burn at 3 time the temperature of the lighter fluid. Yes, that would be very bad!

Scott

Well, I can't believe I am encouraging this - but look in a medicine cabinet or first aid kit. The stuff which usually comes in a blue paper wrapper is pure cotton and it's got a great texture.

Speaking of first aid, I am planning on bringing a kit. And for the record - I am fine with card tricks.

Hi Sara,
Yes, I have used that stuff many times. I prefer not to, as it does tend to burn a little. I might be able to prevent it from burning by tightly wrapping it to the torch.

THere are 3 rules to fire-eating...
1. Don't Inhale!
2. Don't swallow the lighter fluid (It can cause cancer)
3. Don't tell your mother what your doing (Yes, she knows, she has seen me do it many times)

Scott

THere are 3 rules to fire-eating...
1. Don't Inhale!
2. Don't swallow the lighter fluid (It can cause cancer)
3. Don't tell your mother what your doing (Yes, she knows, she has seen me do it many times)

Scott
I think your missing the 4th rule...

4. Don't let your drunk party patrons try this ;)

Back