How about a group buy for RO membranes, DI filters, etc. resupply our RODI units

Yeah, is this gonna happen anytime soon?
I'm in need of changing the catriges! If its not happening this week then i'm gonna go ahead and order it online and you can scratch my order above.
Thanks

no toes to be stepped on. this forum is for Anyone. to collectively buy.
i'm just here to help the tier 3 sponsors run "specials" and help out with vendors when needed. Take it away. i'm going out of town today and won't be back for a week or so.
no sponsors seemed to show any interest.
i need Membrranes myself.

Scott Merrill said:
no sponsors seemed to show any interest.
i need Membrranes myself.

Just an FYI
I'm interested ...I'm always interested, This one may be just a bit premature for me though. I've been getting prices from and talking to a number of water filtration folks in the past week or so.
The problem is like so many other things in this hobby, everyone claims to have the best and the cheapest.

Ok ..... Marc is interested in this buy for us but he's working out some details. He' get back to us early next week. So hold tight.

I'll have all this put together this morning. Then depending on proper protocol I'll either post it here, on my forum or turn it over to Scott.
If your in a hurry for filters I do have some of the carbon block/chlorine guzzlers and some of the 5 microns in stock.

Can't wait.. I'm fighting grape algae and actually gaining some ground and think getting RO/DI unit might finish them off :)

Last edited:
Marco,
Its been a week since you said you would have this done. Just curious when do you think you will be able to post some details.

I am making water with old filters and I need replacements yesterday.

Thanks,
-nick

I have also asked Walter at Air Water Ice about group buy possibility. Will post as soon as I hear. I am in need also.

I'm all ready to go but like I said, "Then depending on proper protocol".....
Just trying to no become part of the group buy problem.

a tenative list.

Armando DI Carbon 100gpd
SherryQ 2 DI 2 carbon 6 prefilter
Neo "in"
Jayg "in"
Dlcanuck "in"
Denvig carbon
Corwyn DI
This is me 2 DI 2 carbon 2 1 micron
Scuba Dave "in"
Kim "in"
Paula "in"
JustdavidP "in"
MickyB 2 DI 2 carbon 2 100gpd
ifferfish "in"
reefsmurf "in"
nickoz "in"

previous pricing summary

i can get the Spectrapure DI-SB-CI-10 in cases of 12 pieces.
Retail on these is 29.00.

With 12 orders I can sell them for 21 + tax for MA residents.
24 orders will bring it down to 19 dollars a piece + tax.

Aquatic Reef Systems have the best customer service I know and there every day price is $19.95 each for the color changing DI cartridge.

I just got off the phone with John at Aquatics Reef Systems. He is willing to give us 25% off if we purchase 1 case(20 pieces) of color changing DI cartridge. That will bring it down to $15.00 per cartridge.

100 GPD RO menbrane 10% off and if we buy 6 or more he will give us another 10% off.
Everyday price is $49.99.
10% off = $45.00
20% off = $40.00

Back