How many run backup heater?

I run two that either could heat the tank on it's own through an inkbird controller. I have one set about 1 degree higher than the other so one doesn't turn on that often so if the other one goes I still should be good. Plus I have the added benefit of having the inkbird send me an alarm on my phone as well as the audio alarm...

Anyone run the heater in the tank too (I saw some mention of that) just incase the return pump is off or fails? Im going to run 2 but just deciding if I need a third in the tank itself or just run 2 in the sump.

Anyone run the heater in the tank too (I saw some mention of that) just incase the return pump is off or fails? Im going to run 2 but just deciding if I need a third in the tank itself or just run 2 in the sump.
I got tired of the turbos knocking it lose. Plus the aesthetics of it.

I run 3. 4 when it was really cold...i have a big sump. I agree with all about having 1 in the display as well as the sump. Redundancy is insurance!

I run 2 tiny 25w heaters in my EVO. If one fails “on” it shouldn’t fry the tank (at least not quickly). If it fails “off” the other should keep it from going cold too quickly.

Back