I have a minor problem ordering a tank from miracles

BaconReefer

Non-member
heads up on this I don't have a problem with Miracles its my own fault...

I'm very new to the saltwater world I've only had a biocube with two clowns for 3 months and I just ordered a custom tank from Miracles from Derek ( who by the way is awesome). I called for a quote to match a glass cages tank rimless that is 48x24x16. On glass cages website it said 90 before it so of course I thought this meant 90 gallons. :mad: So after looking up some forums about Miracles I decided to have them make it for me instead even if its more money. So long story short I just found out that the dimensions listed will only by like 75 gallons instead. I send my payment for the tank to be made Wed. Derek sent me an email saying that they would have a production meeting to plan out next weeks projects on Friday and to give him a call to tell me an approx date that the whole project would be done. He said it would prob take 3 weeks to complete. My question to everyone is I wanna make the tank a little larger maybe say like 48x34x18. Im worried that they have already started building this tank and that I cannot make it larger, I mean this tank build alone is costing me 1400 with the stand and its gonna kill me finding out just now that I ordered and paid for the wrong tank :eek:

btw its a rimless all saphire glass with the overflow in the middle center of the tank

Last edited:
I emailed Derek and he said he would try to make sure they havent started the build by cutting the glass yet. My concern is can they really be that far along already? And say if the glass is cut already is it to late to change it? This was Saturday morning and they do not reopen until Tomorrow.. so this is going to be a long day of stressing out for me

All you can do is sit tight. If they already cut the glass, I think it's totally up to them if they are willing to change the plan, but I don't see anyway that they have to.

That said, I bet they aren't doing much on a saturday so they probably haven't started anything.

Yeah I even told Derek in my email that I totally understand and know that its 100% completely my fault. I offered to pay some type of cost to offset the situation since its my fault I'm an Idiot for ordering the wrong size tank.

Yeah I even told Derek in my email that I totally understand and know that its 100% completely my fault. I offered to pay some type of cost to offset the situation since its my fault I'm an Idiot for ordering the wrong size tank.

they're pretty good guys over there.. i'm sure they can do something to help you out.. :)

Is this a rant, or could you not figure out that maybe a phone call might fix things? I understand being bummed, but maybe try calling them:confused:.

I think it's just because it's sunday so there is no one home to call at miracles.

I just got off the phone with Derek and had them make the tank larger. They did have the bottom cut out but Derek didnt make me pay for that glass that was cut. So now my tank will be 54x34x18!! I'm so relieved because I worried I would have just ordered another tank within a year or so but now that I just moved it from a 90 gallon to a 140 this should hold me for at least 18 months instead :) thanks you guys for the responses. 6 months ago I didnt have a fish tank at all and soon I'm going to be knee deep into this, should I start a build thread soon?

Def start a build thread! Take a ton of progress pics! Nice tank choice by the way.

Yes start a build thread with the ideas that you have so any questions can be answered before you start, such as equipment and plumbing.

i like that site, how much is it to order a tank off there? i was thinkinging of getting either a fluval Edge or a custom made tank for my T.V stand ( TV is on the wall, and DVD's and videogames and such are inside for the stand. the top is pretty empty.)

maybe figure some dimensions and order one with saphire glass. at most like 15 gallons or so. what do you think it will cost?

i like that site, how much is it to order a tank off there? i was thinkinging of getting either a fluval Edge or a custom made tank for my T.V stand ( TV is on the wall, and DVD's and videogames and such are inside for the stand. the top is pretty empty.)

maybe figure some dimensions and order one with saphire glass. at most like 15 gallons or so. what do you think it will cost?

considerably more then other places... you can find more expensive tanks, but not to many.

You get what you pay for however.. they do outstanding work, just don't expect it to be cheap.. generally speaking glasscages is about 50% less for the same size tank... but not the same workmanship.

be careful with this idea. i know 15g doesn't sound like much, but you are looking at 100+ #. tv stands have relatively low weight limits.

i like the MR aqua 12 gallon long (36 x 8.3 x 9.4 )
im looking to maybe do something like that in the near future alittle bigger and with saphire

im looking for something like
36x10x10
which is like 15.5 gallons

maybe i'll email them

what would your guesstimate price be?

i appolige BaconReefer, im not trying to steal your thread

-mike-

be careful with this idea. i know 15g doesn't sound like much, but you are looking at 100+ #. tv stands have relatively low weight limits.

i would probaly re-enforce it if i were to put it on my stand. glad you pointed that out :)
the stand is rated for a 64 inch TV tho i bellive, not sure what those weigh but probaly not 100+ pounds...

i like the MR aqua 12 gallon long (36 x 8.3 x 9.4 )
im looking to maybe do something like that in the near future alittle bigger and with saphire

im looking for something like
36x10x10
which is like 15.5 gallons

maybe i'll email them

what would your guesstimate price be?

i appolige BaconReefer, im not trying to steal your thread

-mike-

Hey buddy no problem about taking the blog, Miracles was pretty up there with there quote for the tank but they also have an awesome rep. I talked to glasscages also and it is true there were about half the price but I wanna do things right the first time not second third or even forth. But Derek from Miracles is the fing man he will help anyway he can.

Hey buddy no problem about taking the blog, Miracles was pretty up there with there quote for the tank but they also have an awesome rep. I talked to glasscages also and it is true there were about half the price but I wanna do things right the first time not second third or even forth. But Derek from Miracles is the fing man he will help anyway he can.

i emailed for a qoute, not sure how long it'll take for a reply.

i'd rather pay more and get better quality anyday espically on a tank.

Back