I have flat worms

I have not do e anything and I don't see as many as the day I posted. The cyano algae is dying off so I am assuming the bio-pellets are removing some of the nutriants. I don't if that is helping or they are just in the rock work some where now.

they probably are hiding among the rock work if you see alot of them theres more hiding somewhere. Have you checked the sump? the cheato will probably house alot of them as well with eggs most likely incubating in there.

I have no sump,(edit: I still have the sump but no fuge) I removed it when I set up zeovit. I think I am just going to try and keep my nutriants low and syphon out the ones I can see. I was looking to buy a wrass before anyways so I am going to add one and maybe it will help.

Last edited:
That would probably work too keep them down. But if you have only a handful, FWE would get rid of them completely then you won't have to worry about them coming back later.

^ I think he meant he was importing nutrients with the NSW, and those nutrients were encouraging the proliferation of the FWs.

Ugh, Here's what you do!!!!

1. Dose Flatworm exit, and prepare to do a water change (This is only nessasary if you have alot)
2. Take suction pump and as you see all those worms floating, suck them up off the rock and into a bucket doing this you should get just about all of them, Then fill your tank back up with ro.
3. If you problem still seems to be there do it again, Trust me if you do it right the first time it will go away. Flatworms are no the end of the world, THEY ARE EASY TO GET RID OF! I wish i would get them just to show how easy they are to get rid of....IF you have AEFW well then your f'ed lol

FWE will not hurt your tank or anything just remember if you have a lot just do a water change and siphon them out after. Do this and you will be fw free, and then you can move on to more productive things.....

If you really can't figure that out shoot me a pm, I will personally come eliminate your tank of fw but you must buy fwe....

Back