Ich in tank help!!!!

TimSlate

BRS Member
Hello everyone I just added a orange eye kole tang into my tank after it going through the quarantine process but I come home from school today and what do I see I see ich on it im in desperate need of a fish trap if anyone would be willing to lend me one I would really appreciate it I need to catch a 3.5 inch kole tang a 4 inch melanraus wrasse 2 2 inch Clarkii clowns and a 6/7 inch monster purple tang if anyone around westfield mass has a fish trap I could borrow or even buy I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Tim

Hello everyone I just added a orange eye kole tang into my tank after it going through the quarantine process but I come home from school today and what do I see I see ich on it im in desperate need of a fish trap if anyone would be willing to lend me one I would really appreciate it I need to catch a 3.5 inch kole tang a 4 inch melanraus wrasse 2 2 inch Clarkii clowns and a 6/7 inch monster purple tang if anyone around westfield mass has a fish trap I could borrow or even buy I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Tim
Could always run UV appropriately sized for you system with lower flow per manufactures spec for ich management. I run a 40 watt Pentair just for that reason and since I've added it, no ich outbreaks.

I have a 165 total gallon system I would love to get a UV but I don’t have one atm what I was gonna plan on doing was get my fish into a qt tank and running a UV for a couple weeks or a month or two to kill off all the ich in the system

I had ich in my tank before. I did hypo salinity and ran the tank empty for quite some time along with raising the temp. Final blow was an appropriate UV. I run UV on all my tanks now 24/7. Haven't seen ich since. It's my understanding that the UV won't kill ich, it will mess up there DNA so they can't reproduce.
I attached a photo of a fish trap I made. Pretty simple, clear bottle and a long feeding pipette. Fill the pipette with some food and spray it slowly in the back of the bottle, the fish swim right in it. Then you can scoop them

Attachments

• 16715721548472960028916928301670.jpg
    16715721548472960028916928301670.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 63
Thankyou very much but for my purple tang I would need a very large bottle but thanks for the idea I’ll try it out for my smaller fosh

Thankyou very much but for my purple tang I would need a very large bottle but thanks for the idea I’ll try it out for my smaller fosh
I think it's easier to catch them at night as far as the purple thing. I've heard if you put the red Channel alone on for your lighting it's a lot easier

Make sure you read up on ich and it’s lifecycle if you are going to take all the fish out and treat them. You need to leave the display without fish for longer than a couple weeks to a month, closer to 3 months. If you aren’t going to do this then I would just manage it in the tank.

76 days to go fallow from my understanding. Here's some links to @Humblefish documentation:

Good Luck :)

If there's anyway you could borrow a UV I would try that approach. Trapping them is likely to create enough stress to cause their condition to get worse. I also have a large trap, but I'm in Foxboro. I have a Coralife twist 18W in the box if you have anything for trade. I experienced ick early on and don't even worry about it now that have an Aqua 25W and correct flow rate for targeting ick. I'd treat them all in the tank as others have suggested, best of luck whatever route you go.

Back